UKC

small quantity of scaffold?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Manboob 27 Jan 2013
Does anyone know how one goes about acquiring a few scaffold poles? I have a little project in mind and had a flash of inspiration this morning. I cannot seem to find a cheap source online. I am looking for around 10 poles. Any ideas gratefully received and the closer to Bristol the better
Cheers Andy
 Dax H 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: Contact your local erectors, they might sell you a few bits. Might even give you them if they have any damaged ones and it your not going to use them as scaffolding.
OP Manboob 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Dax H: good idea thanks I will ring around.
 ollieollie 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: please elaborate on your project, would a tower scaff help?? trestles and planks??
I use these for scaffolding, they sell new and used. Can get some really good prices from them.

Generation Hire & Sale
Bristol

Meriton Street, St. Phillips Marsh
Bristol, Avon BS2 0SZ
Tel: 0117 972 4550
OP Manboob 27 Jan 2013
In reply to ollieollie: Cheers Ollie

I am building a workshop/shed in my back yard. I am toying with various ideas but am thinking about a freestanding scaffold cube which can then be clad with various materials. The scaffold will be consumed in the structure, rather than used to help build it if you know what I mean.

I am sure there are a million drawbacks to this plan but I am just scoping out how easy it would be to get hold of the materials

Cheers Andy
 ollieollie 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: Cool, give them a shout. they sell stuff thats been retired from scaffolding service(not meeting safety standards) but still good for this kind of thing which is pretty cheap and there nothing wrong with it, you could use scaff planks for cladding? if your not looking for something fancy
OP Manboob 27 Jan 2013
In reply to ollieollie: Exactly - I got a brilliant bargain on a load of scaffold planks (£1 each for 20!) and just need the frame on which to stick them
Cheers Andy
 ollieollie 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: thats a bargain, where from?
OP Manboob 27 Jan 2013
In reply to ollieollie: some random bloke on gumtree who was blatantly selling them on the side whilst working on a site.
 thommi 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: you mean a thief then? Well done..... not.
OP Manboob 27 Jan 2013
In reply to thommi: possibly a thief but who knows...he may just have had poor business sense?
In reply to Manboob:

There's a pretty standard scam in scaffolding firms: X amount of gear is logged to a job; the full amount comes back but only Y amount is checked back in the yard - the customer gets charged for the "missing" kit. After a while the missing kit gets shipped out and either repainted and used for jobs on the side or sold on.

ALC
 dutybooty 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Manboob: I'm up near Sheffield. I run a scaffolding firm. Can't deliver but if you're passing by I can spare some for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...