UKC

Murray v Djokovic. Aus open final.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dek 27 Jan 2013
This should be good! Both players in great shape, but I think Djokovic has the slight advantage? I'm gonna watch it, just to see that sun shining in the background!
redsonja 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek: Djokovic i hope. unfortunatley im working so wont ba able to watch it
Clauso 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek:

Andy Murray for me, Bruce.
 Nigel Thomson 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Clauso:
> (In reply to dek)
>
> Andy Murray for me, Bruce.

+1
OP dek 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Clauso:
Some fantastic tennis so early in the match!
 Chris the Tall 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek:
Heart says Murray, head says Djokovic

Murray not getting in enough first serves, but even when he does Djokovic somehow gets most of them back
 Andúril 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek:

I'll be watching it on mute as I can't stand Andrew Castle's Murray-shagging commentary.
In reply to dek:
Brilliant tie-break from Murray. A few mistakes by Djokovic, but even the points he won were marginal
OP dek 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:
Awesome rallies! But Murray still has to nail all those first serves to wear down Dj! Great game regardless!
In reply to dek:
1 set all.
Looks like in both sets the better player during the main part of the set, lost the tie break

Oh, Becker has just said the same thing
In reply to dek:
200 points played, 100 all!
Clauso 27 Jan 2013

It's making me feel tired just watching it.
In reply to Clauso:
Djokovic has really stepped it up since the 2nd set tiebreak
Some of his returns are just incredible
Clauso 27 Jan 2013

A worthy winner today... Hard luck Andy.
redsonja 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek: Djokovic is a star
 goldmember 27 Jan 2013
Murray played a 5 et game against fed. few days later plays a 4 set game against joko.
Makes me wonder how clean top tennis players are? I wonder if they do 'recover' in the 90 's and 00's cycling sense?
OP dek 27 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:
> (In reply to dek) Djokovic is a star

Yep, no doubt about it
 Gudrun 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek:

Been in work til now and just heard the result which is a pity as i would have loved Andy to win this one,but if there's anyone i would prefer him to be beaten by then its Novak,i'm torn between the two of them.
 Brass Nipples 27 Jan 2013
In reply to dek:

If he'd wine Andy would have been world no. 1 - quite something. Started watching, but it was agony to watch, and nice day, so had to go out for day.
 andy 27 Jan 2013
In reply to A Game of Chance:
> (In reply to dek)
>
> If he'd wine Andy would have been world no. 1 - quite something. Started watching, but it was agony to watch, and nice day, so had to go out for day.

I thought i heard them say he'd still have been no3 even if he'd won?
 tony 27 Jan 2013
In reply to andy:
> (In reply to A Game of Chance)
> [...]
>
> I thought i heard them say he'd still have been no3 even if he'd won?

Yup, that's correct, if you stick to the strict letter of the ATP rankings. It'll take a few more wins (and a few more losses for Federer and Djokovic before Murray gets to the Number 1 slot.
 Brass Nipples 27 Jan 2013
In reply to tony:
> (In reply to andy)
> [...]
>
> Yup, that's correct, if you stick to the strict letter of the ATP rankings. It'll take a few more wins (and a few more losses for Federer and Djokovic before Murray gets to the Number 1 slot.

Must have misheard but it'd be the icing on the cake, on top of where he's got to in the last year. People dismissed Tim Herman but he managed world no.4 for a while. John mcenroes autobiography is a good read and talks about the difference between top 4 and top 10 and no.1 and no. 2
In reply to andy:
> (In reply to A Game of Chance)
> [...]
>
> I thought i heard them say he'd still have been no3 even if he'd won?

Andrew castle invented a rule that winning two slams in a row would make you No 1. Conviently forgetting that Djokovic had won the tour finals (1500pts) and 3 masters titles (1000pts) last year. Admittedly the Olympics may have been underrated at 750 pts, but even had he won, Murray would have been about 3000pts adrift.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...