UKC

snowdonia snow....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 27 Jan 2013
is it all gone?
 iksander 27 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Yes
 timjones 28 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to An Triubhas) Yes

I'd say no

http://www.ogwen-rescue.org.uk/oggi_cam/
In reply to An Triubhas:
Plenty yesterday afternoon in Cwm Cneiffon.
 rockcat 28 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Did Snowdon via the miners and Pig Track Thursday and the snow off piste was powder and knee deep. The Trinity face (and the whole area) looked superb. As its high up and north facing I can't believe its all gone.

> is it all gone?

iksander 28 Jan 2013
In reply to rockcat: Sadly there has been a huge thaw, read it and weep http://www.fhc.co.uk/weather/images/sn_huge.jpg
OP AdCo82 29 Jan 2013
Iany updates?
 cat88 29 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: want to go next week, has the rain been?
OP AdCo82 02 Feb 2013
any updates for Ogwen and Carneddau today?
 Joss 02 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Cwm Cneifion, awesome snow today:

Conditions in the Cwm:
vimeo.com/58794375

Inside Hidden Gully:
vimeo.com/58794376

Top of Hidden Gully:
vimeo.com/58794377
OP AdCo82 02 Feb 2013
In reply to Joss:

looks amazing....but it's all going to go right?
 Joss 03 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Maybe not yet.. weather forecast not looking good for tomorrow but if we get another cold snap...might be a chance, not seen next weeks forecast but fingers crossed.
OP AdCo82 03 Feb 2013
Any updates?
 bvilsue 20 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Hi there, how is it looking now? Any snow left?
 BnB 20 Feb 2013

I'm going to Ogwen tomorrow. Anyone got any reports from this week? Or route tips? Thinking gully routes in Cwm Loer or Cwm Cneifion or heading up to Senior's ridge. I assume Tryfan N ridge and Bristly are bare?
 Dave P 20 Feb 2013
In reply to BnB:

I was on Bristly Ridge on Saturday with two clients. Sinister Gully (the gully denoted as the start in Scrambling in Snowdonia guidebook) had plenty of snow in it. There's also some big patches of snow on the ridge especially from Great Pinnacle gap. Definitely wasn't bare and with it being a bit colder now I would imagine the snow has firmed up so would definitely recommend crampons and an axe.

In Cwm Cneifion, Easy Route at the back headwall was complete, bit of a slumped cornice at the top on the left with a slot cut in but steep to go through, heading right of cornice may be better option? We did Hidden Gully right hand finish which is about grade II/III. It had a little bit of ice to get into the right hand finish, the gully was then firm neve and dry rock at the crux with some good runners. Hidden Gully normal finish was well banked out. But don't let me ruin the adventure for you...!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...