UKC

Unknown lump of rock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bremner8 30 Jan 2013
Hi all. As I browsed through the houses for sale list just south of Clapham in Yorkshire I found one with a view of a very large lump of rock from the back garden. The house (and rock) are south of Bentham and High Bentham. Anyone know anything about it please?
 Kid Spatula 30 Jan 2013
In reply to bremner8:

It's Ingleborough.
 Stone Idle 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula: There is a goodly amount of bouldering at several spots on Forest of Bowland - guess it is one of those.
 Jon Wickham 30 Jan 2013
In reply to bremner8: Link to the photo please?
 Flinticus 04 Feb 2013
There's a converted church off the A82 just past (north of) Ardlui with a huge boulder in its garden. Clocked it Saturday driving past: looks good (if its your garden).

At NN3146 1660. No photos, sorry.Not for sale either, just wish it was & I had the money!
 Flinticus 04 Feb 2013
In reply to PeterJuggler:
Yeah I know, I already check that out (to post link). It is heavily overgrow & surrounded by birch trees so is quite camouflaged.

I'll be passing there next week again. If I get a chance & remember I may take a photo (unless I've recently over-taken a slow vehicle and that would put it ahead of me again!).
 Bulls Crack 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

Plenty of sandstone outcrops around there
OP bremner8 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Mowglee: That seems to be the one. Not quite as impressive as I had imagined but it may keep my boys interested for a while. Thanks for finding it.
OP bremner8 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Wickham: Don't get technical with me Jon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...