UKC

Anyone own this rucksack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I have the Guide 45+ and rate it very highly. It's handy to be able to stash your belay jacket in the bottom section and be able to get at it without disturbing anything else. The harness and frame are also very good and make for effortless load carrying.
 CarolineMc 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I own the 35l version. It's great, generally my preferred winter day sack. Very very tough fabric and construction - I haven't managed to break it yet! Mine doesn't have the bottom compartment - it has a long zip up the main body though, so really good easy access to kit. I really miss that on my other sacks. Definitely try one on before you buy. Deuter don't fit everybody! The SL that you linked to there is very short on the back. I'm 5'7" and I have the normal version cos the SL was too small. Oh and my 35 is a pretty good 35 litres. A little smaller than my Osprey 35 but certainly realistic - I can really load it up.

Co:
OP AdCo82 31 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Thanks you. Have you had it a long time? Is it made out of decent material?

Is the lid permanent or detachable?
 CarolineMc 31 Jan 2013
In reply to CarolineMc: That's the Deuter Guide 35+ by the way, not the Lowe Alpine. Co:
 GridNorth 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I've had it for just over a year and used it on a 3 or 4 ice climbing trips. The lid is NOT detachable but the material is bombproof.
OP AdCo82 31 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Good good, I do not want another detachable lid pack. Definitely need to find somewhere to try it on as I am 6ft4!!!
 GridNorth 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Got mine at GO Outdoors for £80 as a price match deal.
 Tom French 01 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
Got a 45 and love it. Most comfortable bag I've ever had, really well thought out and tough!
 jj-1992 01 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Ive got the guide 35+ and recomend it highly
absolutly bombproof, fabric feels like its going to out live me, that is unless a zip of something goes on it.

lots of room in the 35 and carrys really well

JJ
dorangus 03 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I have and use the Deuter 40 SL, good pack, strong and has enough bits and bobs to suffice but also be reasonably stream-lined. I took a long time deciding upon this pack and to be honest I find Deuter packs very worth the money!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...