UKC

Windows 7 and Ipod touch 5th generation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SonyaD 01 Feb 2013
Hi,

Does anyone have the combination as per thread title?

Just bought a new 5th generation Ipod touch and have been having problems and tearing my hair out since I got the damn thing out of the box!

Got it all set up and tried syncing it, 3 hours later and the stupid thing still hasn't synced! Only have 48 songs and I movie (which I didn't want to sync to the Ipod anyway, but stupid Itunes won't let me delete it!)

So, got pissed off with it and unplugged it from my pc. Decided to have another try and plugged it back in to pc but now keep getting the following message on EVERY USB port I try to plug it in to.

"USB device not recongnised. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message"

So I click the message and just get a window popping up that says unknown device. Try again and if still not recognised, replace device.

I really don't understand, because the USB was working fine just an hour ago and all other devices work fine.

Anyone any ideas?
OP SonyaD 01 Feb 2013
It's okay! I just googled

Held down the home button and off button until Ipod reset itself and it's working again.
 JLS 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Sonya Mc:

This one caught me out too.
OP SonyaD 02 Feb 2013
In reply to JLS: Sorted now thankfully and finally figured how to sync the damn thing too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...