UKC

finding people on Facebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 04 Feb 2013
Have to admit that this Facebook social media thing has pretty much passed me by but l'd like to try find a person I knew about 20 years ago. I joined up last week but have found that as they have a very popular name I.e. John Smith/Jane Brown I've been inundated with hits.

Is there a Facebook whiz in the house that could advise?

For the record I have no wish to get in touch with them just wanted to find out how things worked out for them.
Thanks
the real slim shady 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy: have you refined your search by location/education or anything like that, its on the top left of the search results page? to do thid clock "people" under the refine search menu on the top left of the screen, then the location/education or whatever thing is at the top of the results HTH
 SAF 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy: Find someone from school/uni/workplace with a less common name and look through their friends list. Alot of people have quite secure pages now, so don't be suprised if you can't find much out about them without 'friending' them, and thus giving them the oppurtunity to get in touch with you.
 Jonny2vests 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:

Be more specific and cast your net wider with google. Try the image search.
 ballsac 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:

worth remembering with FaceArse is that if do find them and look on their page, your name will probably feature on their 'people you may know' thing when they log in. so they'll know you were looking for them, and where to find you...

stealthy stalking is only possible if you use a false name on FB.
 CharlieW 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:

Probably wont be that much help but you can quite often search through phone numbers and email addresses unless the user has disabled that or not registered those phone/email addresses.

Would go with what above said and check out mutual friend lists
 Brass Nipples 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:

> For the record I have no wish to get in touch with them just wanted to find out how things worked out for them.

Are you looking for Mark Zuckerberg by any chance?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...