UKC

Lakes Bouldering Wednesday - Suggestions please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daniels735 05 Feb 2013
Morning

It looks like it's going to be sunny tomoorow and i'm desperate to get out on the rock. With the very cold wind out of the North West, any suggestions for where might be a bit sheltered/warmer in the Lakes?

Thanks
 PeterJuggler 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735: I think that areas in the south lakes are mostly more sheltered. Places like Fairy steps or Woodwell.
 plyometrics 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735:

Trowbarrow, Kentmere, Bowderstone?

Not been for a while, but suspect Woodwell might be dripping.

Lord_ash2000 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735: Well in the north lakes right now it's snowing quite a bit so anything not steep is out. Safest bet is the bowderstone for dry rock.
 GPN 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735:
There's some very strange suggestions above! The limestone will be gopping. I wouldn't worry too much about the wind - finding dry rock will be more of an issue at the moment. Places like Eskdale, Honister and the Duddon Valley should all be OK. With exception of The Crack there isn't really anything worth doing on the Bowderstone at less than font 7A.
 Lord_ash2000 05 Feb 2013
In reply to GPN: That is a point, didn't notice the grade on his profile. Might be some stuff on the granit if it drys qucik, melting snow may be a problem though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...