UKC

Where are all the cheap full-zip waterproof pants?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 russtyg 05 Feb 2013
Any idea where I can get some cheap Full-Zip waterproof pants from?

I am looking for a large size.

They must be waterproof, have full length side zips and be relatively packable.

Not really bothered about any other features.

Thanks!
 alexm198 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg: Marmot Precip pants are pretty decent and fit the bill of what you're looking for. Affordable too, got mine for just under £50 I think. Unfortunately I've since shredded them with crampons a wee bit but they're good solid waterproofs - I'd recommend.
 Taurig 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg:

Second the Marmot Precips, realtively inexpensive and don't take up much space in the bag.
OP russtyg 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Taurig:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have seen the Precips and they are hardly cheap, weighing in at 70 pounds in most places - any other bargains to be had?

I was thinking around the 50 pound mark.
AWR 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg:
Me and my Mrs have some black Berghaus 'Deluge' trousers we got from Cotswolds...they've stood up to whatever the weather has thrown at us so far.

Zips are 3/4 length as opposed to full length but I've found that's more than enough to make it really easy to get over boots.
AWR 05 Feb 2013
In reply to MountainsAreBetterThanOffices:
(They weigh in at the £30-45 range by the way)
 NottsRich 05 Feb 2013
Berghaus somethings. Sorry, not very helpful. Mine have lasted for ages and cost £30. Full length, and cheap enough to not really worry too much about. Mine have a couple of repairs, but due to my fault, not the trousers.

Possibly these ones but I'm not sure what I have.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/berghaus-deluge-mens-waterproof-overtrousers-p1...

On a related note, what is the point of the mesh liner inside some cheaper waterproof coats/trousers?
AWR 05 Feb 2013
In reply to NottsRich:
Does it let a bit of air circulate, thus making them a bit more breathable than having the crisp packet material right on top of whatever is underneath?
 Totally-Normal 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg: Berghaus Deluge, awesome trousers,lasted longer and performed better than many of my friends posh goretex ones. you can leave the zips fully undone and just use the poppers for superb breathability. they are available for about £40 if you look around.
 neuromancer 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg

Decathlon forclaz 200 overtrousers. Crampon patches and all for fifty. Better than the deluges by a country yard.
 LennyJ1 05 Feb 2013
In reply to russtyg: Have you thought about the Berghaus Deluge trousers???
OP russtyg 05 Feb 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

Forclaz 300 - Full zip for 40 notes nice one

The Deluge pants are very cheap from gooutdoors at the moment but still only 3/4 leg.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...