UKC

Neighbours Fallen Tree

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Buzz87 06 Feb 2013
Woke up to neighbours tree fallen over, and damaged our shed in the process!!

Anybody got any ideas on what to do? Guessing the owner needs to get in touch with house insurance company or pay to get it removed and damage fixed?

Anybody unlucky enough to have already experienced this?

Cheers

Buzz
 ranger*goy 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Buzz87:

Take some photos then speak to neighbour. They may just cough up for the damage and not bother with insurance.
 Dax H 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Buzz87: And here is the problem with the world today. Once upon a time if a tree fell over you would nip next door and knock on the door and say in a friendly voice "hi pal, your tree fell over in the night and broke my shed, can you give me a hand shifting it then we can sort out the damage"
today though you post on the Internet before having a word.
 Dax H 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Dax H: Just been through this with my mum, she had solar panels put on the house and in the recent snow the snow slipped off the roof and on to next doors drive, some hit the daughter inlaw.
The first my mum new of it was a solicitors letter demanding action to be taken to make the area safe.
My mum and her neighbour have been friends for 20 years but instead of having a word with my mum she had a word with her solicitor.
My mum phoned me in a panic and a couple of days later I fit a recognised snow retention system and everyone is happy.

People need to talk more.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...