UKC

Haweswater road closed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gammarus 08 Feb 2013
If you're planning a trip to the head of Haweswater, you might have to think again. The Haweswater lakeside road is closed for a water pipe repair, and according to Cumbria County Council this morning, the closure may be in place until the end of March.

Updates from http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/highways-pavements/roads/road-wor...
 roddyp 11 Feb 2013
In reply to gammarus: I remember it was "closed" last March. but that didn't seem to stop the car park at the far end magically filling up.

Is it *really* closed this time?
 hedgehogsdad 27 Feb 2013
In reply to roddyp: I'm hoping to go there next weekend but won't if the road is closed. Has anyone got an update on the original post?
 waterbaby 27 Feb 2013
In reply to gammarus:

Was up there on 17th, Sunday and it said closed but we drove all the way down to the car park, which was full of cars. Was worried when we saw the sign because we didn't have a plan B. I'm guessing that it was open because it was Sunday- no work?
 Mountain Llama 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hedgehogsdad: The road work is before the hotel which needs access, no work ay weekend. During the week just ask workers kindly and b prepared to wait a few minutes
 hedgehogsdad 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Mountain Llama: that's really helpful, many thanks. First walk with my wife so need the road to be open or it'll give her the excuse she needs! Did Tryfan north ridge today which was great fun, was planning to do Bristly Ridge but ran out of time - sorry to hear news of dad and lad yesterday.
 Mike Hall 03 Apr 2013
In reply to hedgehogsdad: Are the roadworks still there in Haweswater and is access to head of valley OK now?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...