UKC

Optimus Nova stove repairer needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Siward 10 Feb 2013
Hi. My trusty Optimus Nova stove has developed what appears to be a known fault in that the brass screw that holds the whole thing together is giving up the ghost.

There is a fantastic looking repair on an American site which I would like to carry out:

http://www.bluewaterstove.com/Bluewater_Stove_Restoration/Other_Work/Pages/...

However I'd rather find someone with the necessary tools and skills than start accumulating them all myself, at a costbwhich would probably render the repair uneconomic. So, Is there anybody out there who could easily effect this repair in exchange for some small recompense?

The stove is worth repairing; it is a fine stove with a design flaw.

I'm Derby based but posting would be possible I suppose.

OP Siward 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Siward: bump.

Someone's going to bite soon I can feel it...
OP Siward 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Siward: bump
In reply to Siward:

Hi

Please contact our Customer Services department on helpdesk@lyon.co.uk

C
 waldenmatt 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Lyon Outdoor: Hi there, I am also seeking a little assistance with a Nova (pre-Katadyn model) - the connecting fuel nozzle on the priming assembly that connects to the fuel line on the stove has seized up: does anyone know if this can be replaced?
It looks as though the part would detach with a spanner, but as for the OP I'm definitely in novice territory with respect to self-effected stove repairs.
Any assistance greatly appreciated - This stove has served me well over many years and still burns brilliantly, would be a shame to have to replace for something that seems eminently fixable.

Many thanks!
F
 Timmd 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Siward:I was wondering if you could just saw the head off a bolt and drill a hole in the bottom, and with a thread tap thread the hole, and screw the resulting threaded rod into the bottom?

Could be fairly easy/doable if you're carefull.
In reply to fawlty:

Our Customer Services department may be able to offer some advice on helpdesk@lyon.co.uk

C

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...