UKC

Help! that question on an application form....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RockAngel 10 Feb 2013
Im filling in an application form for a job with the RSPB. Its got to that question, which I particularly hate.... The job is Information Assistant

Why are you interested in applying for this post?

What do I put? I never know what to put here and it has to be sent back before tuesday!
 Kimono 10 Feb 2013
In reply to RockAngel:
i would have thought something about a love of birds might be heading in the right direction??
 Tall Clare 10 Feb 2013
In reply to RockAngel:

Why *are* you interested in applying? In this bit I'd talk about why the job interested me, and how my skills and experience would be relevant. I treat this as the 'covering letter' bit.
OP RockAngel 10 Feb 2013
In reply to kieran b: ive already said that in the "Relevant skills/knowledge/experience
You should outline below how your skills/knowledge/experience meet the requirements of the Person Specification. You may draw on past employment and/or out of work activities. Please include details of any scientific papers you have had published. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary." part of the form
 Bulls Crack 10 Feb 2013
In reply to RockAngel:

Well, why are you interested?!

This is where you push your enthusiasms, interests balanced with practical aspirations.

You like birds? Are you committed to their conservation and communicating that enthusiasm to the public/membership? Do you feel your experience and interests make you the ideal candidate + the job will give you satisfaction/more experience in a field you want to make your career.

look at RSPB's objectives and repeat them back to them as your own

Don't be afraid to sell yourself!

ps I've filled ina few conservation job forms before now!
 thin bob 10 Feb 2013
In reply to RockAngel: what do you want from it? passionate about birds/animals or want to have a job that has real results, looking at the birds in the back garden & thinking "I help them".

You can help biodiversity & be excited about helping to make a difference.
What were your first thoughts when you saw it advertised? Brainstorm, mate! (good luck!)
OP RockAngel 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> (In reply to RockAngel)
>
> ps I've filled ina few conservation job forms before now!

so have I but its been about 5 years since I filled one in.
OP RockAngel 10 Feb 2013
In reply to thin bob: gaa. Just read person spec again and need info about the peregrines in manchester to somehow incorporate into the application form.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...