UKC

My drug is the Scottish Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kat4kgb 10 Feb 2013
I think I am a drug addict and my drug is the Scottish Winter! I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t live without snowy rolling hills and magical mountains in the Cairngorms and Highlands. Only a week ago I was at the YHA waiting for the weather to change so I could start climbing. I had an amazing time and now it looks like I am going back to finish off some routes near Ben Nevis. Happy Days :-D
 Rampikino 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:

3 words:

Good on you.

Andy DB 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: Careful what with the gear ,fuel prices and accommodation having a smack habit might be cheaper!
 Nathan Adam 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: When I started my first winter season this year, i thought i'd hate it. But i don't, i love it.

Its a pretty unique form of climbing and its probably my favourite out of the lot.

Its an expensive business if you live down south though.
redsonja 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: you are definately an addict! haha! it will only get worse!
 Dave Ferguson 10 Feb 2013
In reply to heidi123:
> (In reply to Kat4kgb) you are definately an addict! haha! it will only get worse!

nah, it takes 30 years but you eventually realise that sun baked rock climbing is much more enjoyable!

jas wood 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: "when it was good it was very very good, but when it was bad it was horrid"
 climber_medic 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: Good for you.
 sbc_10 10 Feb 2013
 Elsier 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:

Yeah its good isn't it!
 goose299 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:
it's an addiction that takes hold Well done!
 Tony the Blade 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:

Brilliant!

And a s abonus you get to sell all you summer kit to pay for the winter habit!
redsonja 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade: no, you better keep it.if what Dave says is true,you will need it in about 30 years!
 Tony the Blade 10 Feb 2013
In reply to heidi123:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade) no, you better keep it.if what Dave says is true,you will need it in about 30 years!

30 years? I'll be 78!

Ander 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:
Mine's Norwegian Ice.
 csw 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb:
> ....... Happy Days :-D

Happy days indeed, and may you have many more

OP Kat4kgb 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: Looks like weather is not going to be good this weekend in Scotland
 Baron Weasel 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: Off the rocks and onto the powder... You'll get screwed up on downward spiral, along a metal tube with sharp teeth at the end...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...