UKC

excel 2010 chart axis titles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tlm 13 Feb 2013
So, if I have some data in 2 columns in excel 2010, and I want to plot it onto an xy scatter chart, and I want to use the headings at the tops of the columns as my axis titles, how can I do this?
OP tlm 13 Feb 2013
In reply to tlm:

Hmmm... just worked it out (by clicking in the title box and typing =, then clicking on the cell) - but is there a way to do this more automatically?
 lynda 13 Feb 2013
In reply to tlm: When you are selecting your data to generate the graph, are you also selecting your column titles as well
 Banned User 77 13 Feb 2013
In reply to lynda: I thought that.. but on my mac excel it isn't automatically putting in the titles..
OP tlm 13 Feb 2013
In reply to lynda:

I thought that as well, but it isn't working for me on a PC...

It used to in 2003...
 Monk 13 Feb 2013
In reply to tlm:

I've found that Excel 2010 has made some things much more difficult. Took me ages to work out how to add labels the other day (at least 5 minutes!), when old Excle used to do it automatically. There is a handy tab that gives you lots of options though - for some reason I didn't think of looking in the ribbon for the answer.
In reply to Monk:

Just to confirm Monks comment. When you have clicked on the chart look at the ribbon. You will see some thumbnails of graph "styles"

Expand the box by clicking the arrow in the corner

choose a "style" with labels

Madening isn't it. But easy enough to do once you know
 Banned User 77 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Ampthill: I'm a scientist...
 Goucho 13 Feb 2013
In reply to tlm: Feck me...has UKC become the latest victim of accountancy??????
OP tlm 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Ampthill:

> choose a "style" with labels
>
> Madening isn't it. But easy enough to do once you know

but you still need to manually tell it where to get the axis title information from - it can't work it out on its own anymore.....

In reply to tlm:

Yes

I was just relieved to find it i was happy to type them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...