UKC

Training Playlist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Anhibian 14 Feb 2013
Right guys, I'm putting together the most awesome, powerful, psyche building music playlist known to climbing training!

Got any advice as to what tracks to include? Gyms always have awesome tunes that I've not heard before and I suck at finding cool new music.
 Kemics 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian:

C2C are my new band of the moment

youtube.com/watch?v=lKLDR1TIWA4& - "Someday"
youtube.com/watch?v=k1uUIJPD0Nk& - "Down the road" huuge tune and perfect for workouts

also

youtube.com/watch?v=CZwP-1dBpHw& - "Kim - She's a lion". This is perfect for endurance stuff with a decent tempo. I use it for cycling making sure I keep my RPM up. barrrgh KEEP PUSHING =) ... everyone needs this song in their life
 pork pie girl 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian: just really good dance tunes.. but the ones with some singing in them
 Daniels735 14 Feb 2013
I like Beastie Boys - Sabotage - for when I'm really getting tired.

In the Climbing Wall we tend to play a lot of radio 1s Essential mixes - search Soundcloud for them - they are 2 hours long and mostly pretty good. I like one by Massive Attack for some good beats but not too high tempo
 lmarenzi 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian:

I feel it my fingers, I feel it in my toes ...
luke obrien 15 Feb 2013
In reply to lmarenzi: lots of the climbing and boulderng DVDs have good soundtracks. I looked a few up and you can get most of them online. Witness the fitness
benallan 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735:

+1 to Beastie boys, honestly, it's the only thing I listen to when training, get the anthology, at 2 hrs long you wont need anything else.
 joeldering 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian:

Watch some climbing videos and make note of the music/videos that gets you feeling really psyched. Then when you listen to the music later, it reminds you of the awesome climbing in the video, and gets you extra psyched.

Something like this works well for me: vimeo.com/57785012
 Fishmate 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniels735:
> I like Beastie Boys - Sabotage - for when I'm really getting tired.
>
Beastie's +1. Have a listen to LCD Soundsystem, Introns. All remixes but worth it for "Daft Punk is Playing at my House", alone.

Nathan Adam 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian: Rage Against the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, DJ Shadow, Underworld, some Drum and Bass/Dupstep etc. Anything with really heavy guitars and drums or a good beat.

If you ask people who work at the gym they would surely burn you a copy of the CD(s) they play ?
 geordiepie 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Anhibian:

Some current favourites:-

Brassica - Lydden Circuit
http://tinyurl.com/b6h7t5g

Maxxi Soundsystem - Regrets we have no use for
http://tinyurl.com/cgbnr73

In reply to Anhibian: the best thread on ukc this year, very useful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...