UKC

Anderson, McGinty, Webster, Ward and Fisher - Great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jimbo W 16 Feb 2013
Hi Guys,
Just a share of, what I think are a really great Dundee based multi-instrumentalist band! Catch them if they're performing anywhere near you!

youtube.com/watch?v=vWXNlgCZ3ak&

Video of pigeon song:
youtube.com/watch?v=e7wiUvsXQ30&

Live:
youtube.com/watch?v=dCX0VmKDmAE&

Them performing "Caledonia" with Dougie MacLean in what I think is definitely the best version I've heard of it!
youtube.com/watch?v=-skrVk5TYWU&

If you like please share! Here's hoping to see them on "Later" sometime in the not too distant future....

Love to know what you think.
 Mark Morris 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Jimbo W: Thanks for this, that "Caledonia" was sublime. Always loved the song, but that has moved me almost to tears, and I'm not even Scottish!
Douglas Griffin 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Mark Morris:

> Thanks for this, that "Caledonia" was sublime.

Agreed, superb. Thanks for posting, Jimbo.
 Doug 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin: Many thanks, although I'm now a bit feeling homesick ...
Jimbo W 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Doug:
> (In reply to Douglas Griffin) Many thanks, although I'm now a bit feeling homesick ...

Glad you enjoyed it. AMWWF have so much potential and I know the guy on bass, Robbie Ward, as his dad got me into playing Irish and Scottish fiddle. I didn't know they'd done a version of this song, and caught it only by chance, but this version sent shivers down my spine and also made me feel close to tears, and that from a guy who grew up in England, but has spent the last 15 years here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...