UKC

Primus gas in Marrakech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ratrun 18 Feb 2013
Hi
Does anybody know if you can get the Primus, or something similar, type gas canisters in Marrakech or Imlil? I need one with the screw on-top fitting

Dave
 pyrrho101 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: I only saw the clip-on style canisters in Imlil, and not the screw on type. No idea about Marrakesh.
Capt. Spacey 24 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: Hi did a bit of research i am going in may and it appears screw cannisters are very hard to get hold of. Advice i found was to take solid fuel system. I am taking a trangia as meths is sold everywhere.
 victorclimber 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey: must have changed since we were there years ago never had trouble with Camping gas ..
Capt. Spacey 25 Feb 2013
In reply to victorclimber: interesting, just to clarify you could get a hold of the calor screw neck canisters for jet boil and msr ect. Can you tell me where you picked them up please, would rather take jet boil than trangia...... Cheers
 jimtitt 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey:
As victorclimber says, stick with Camping Gaz. I get asked about all sorts of bizarre gas systems for Greece and Sicily and keep having to explain all that expensive Snow Peak/Coleman etc stuff is unobtainable whereas Camping Gaz or a local cheapo variant is everywhere.
You can buy adaptors for the Camping Gaz valved cylinders with the clip system to adapt to screw cartridge and better still an adaptor from pierced cartridge to screw fitting.
Mostly it´s cheaper just to buy an unbranded cartridge stove with a 6-pack of cartridges in the local supermarket and dump it!
Capt. Spacey 25 Feb 2013
In reply to jimtitt: Excellent cheers.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...