UKC

Tyndrum accommodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nufkin 18 Feb 2013
This seems the most appropriate forum - apologies if not.
I'm thinking of a trip to Ben Udlaidh next month, conditions permitting. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to stay in Tyndrum, or anywhere else nearby? Preferably sympathetic to early starts and muddy boots!
 Mike-W-99 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin:
Have stayed in By The Way hostel which is handily placed.
http://www.tyndrumbytheway.com
In reply to nufkin: I've used the bunkhouse at the Bridge of Orchy hotel a few times. Found it reasonably priced and it's nice to have twin rooms rather than dorms. Pub on site too - and a good one. however there are no cooking facilities, so I've resorted to brewing up outside the front door more than once
 Wesley Orvis 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: www.wigwamholidays.com/Strathfillan_Wigwam_Village

Stay there every year, fantastic place.
OP nufkin 18 Feb 2013
Thanks everybody, I'll look into those suggestions.

I just remembered there's a bunkhouse on the Bridge of Orchy's station platform as well.
 Phil1919 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: I'd put in a vote for By the Way hostel. Comfortable and relaxed for a hostel. Nice surroundings. Free jelly babies to take on your route.
 Ian Archer 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: Anoter vote for By The Way
 kwoods 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: Another vote for By The Way.
 Doghouse 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin:

The bunkhouse on the station doesn't have any self catering facilities either.
 Milesy 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Mike_Watson_99:
> (In reply to nufkin)
> Have stayed in By The Way hostel which is handily placed.
> http://www.tyndrumbytheway.com

Yep. I have stayed in By The Way as well. Good communal area for cooking and actually comfy bunk beds. I had a good sleep there.
 Roberttaylor 18 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/21284-West-Highland-Way-Sleeper I've never stayed at the WHW sleeper but, two winters ago, a friend and I were waiting on the platform for a train back to Edinburgh. It was -11 or so and the train was a good 2 hours away. The owner took pity on us and had us in, fed us cup a coup and chatted to us by the fire till our train was due. No idea what it is like as a place to stay, but I would give it my custom for this reason alone.

R
 oscaig 19 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: When we were there in December the Bridge of Orchy bunkhouse was in the process of being pulled down (to be rebuilt into something more swanky and substantial). But the good news was that the Hotel were offering the same bunkhouse B&B rate for swish rooms in the main Hotel building - worth checking? Only downside is that there's currently no specific drying room in the main hotel (we commandeered a prime spot by the log-burner in the bar in consequence).

Ian
 goatee 19 Feb 2013
In reply to nufkin: Another vote for By the Way. Good comfy spot and lovely people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...