UKC

Has anyone used Movement Magnets?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob84 18 Feb 2013
As per the title - anyone got a pair and what do you think of them? On paper they look perfect for what I'm after (a pair of touring skis that will perform well on the down, have tip rocker and be reasonably light), but any first hand accounts of how they actually perform would be much appreciated! Cheers, Rob
 Patzl 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Rob84: Haven't used magnets but love my Bonds,great rocker and light.
OP Rob84 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Patzl: Good to hear - how stiff are the Bonds? Do they get flappy on hard snow and how do they ski in crud and powder?
In reply to Rob84: Nope, but it sounds like a nice touring ski (if you main aim is to tour up to get good skiing back down).

I'm now running Volkl Mantras which are a little wider, little stiffer and a little heavier and they are a brilliant all round setup.
 Patzl 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Rob84: I've only. Just got them and managed a trip to the Gorms on piste ok and on Icey cover great they float well threw New snow. Off to cham next week to give them a proper run.
OP Rob84 20 Mar 2013
I ended up getting a pair of these for a tour last week and gave them a pretty thorough testing so thought I’d report back in case anyone else is interested in them at any point. I had 3 days of touring and 3 days of lift served off piste in Cham on them. Over the course of the week they skied just about every snow type imaginable and I didn’t really find them wanting in anything. Stiff enough to punch through crud, good edge hold on icy hardpack, nimble in trees and tight gully’s, and decent float in powder. Obviously in deep powder fatter skis would be better but I still managed to have a lot of fun with them in knee deep powder. Initiating turns is easy with the tip rocker and their performance compared to weight is superb – they are light enough that I’m looking forward to carrying them up big routes so I can descend on skis rather than wallow off on foot. The only slight negative is that the top sheet could be a little more durable but that’s a pretty minor issue and purely aesthetic. So two thumbs up from me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...