UKC

New to Breacon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackspratt 18 Feb 2013
Just a quickie (which is my usual M.O) I'm going to be spending summer at the Acorn centre in Llangorse I currently climb at around HVS level trad and 6b+ sport I was wondering if anyone had any advice on decent crags in the vicinity with plenty suitable for my grade.
cheers
 Griff 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackspratt: nearby, Llangattock is nearby and has plenty of trad routes. Just across the valley is Crag X on Gilwern Hill with a few good sports routes. Dinas Rock is home to lots of hard sport and the Wye Valley is not too far (check out the CC Symonds Yat & Lower Wye Valley guides). Go west for Gower and the magnificent sea cliffs of Pembrokeshire. If you go north, don't stop until you reach Gwynedd (unless you like bouldering). Good luck and enjoy!
OP Jackspratt 18 Feb 2013
thanks very much looking forward to getting stuck in!! is much of it multi pitch does anyone know?
 Griff 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackspratt: Llangattock & Gilwern are single pitch. Lower Wye Valley has some great multi pitch routes. Cheddar Gorge is not too far and has some classic MP routes. If you want the full 5-8 pitch mountain experience, take some time off and brace yourself for a 3.5 hour drive for the awesome playground of Snowdonia. It will be worth it!
 Kyle Warlow 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

Im based in Swansea and should be free most weekends starting this week. Give me a shout if you want to hit Gower. I know it pretty well and climb near enough at the same level as you.

Kyle
 Dom Whillans 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:
And it's spelled Brecon btw...
OP Jackspratt 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Dom Whillans:
Spelling never was my strong point apologies to anyone from Breacon! Thanks for all the information guys. I haven't been to the Gower since my grandparents sold our caravan in Rhossili Bay in 2000 and I have always wanted to climb there so I will be trying to get over there at some point, if I manage it I'll definitely message you Kyle thanks for the contact!
OP Jackspratt 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackspratt: face palm moment at noticing I spelled BRECON wrong again in the last post.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...