UKC

Hiring Via Ferrata Kits in UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alexcollins123 18 Feb 2013
Does anybody know a place where I could get hold of about 13 via kits in the uk? Travelling to Switzerland with a group & it might be cheaper to get them here.

Cheers
 adgm 18 Feb 2013
In reply to alexcollins123:
dont know where would.....but have you considered purchase msy be from decathlon.generally good value..
 Nick_Scots 18 Feb 2013
How many days are you using them as that may make it cheaper either way.
Removed User 18 Feb 2013

No I don't know where you can hire any in the UK. In fact I think you will find it very difficult to hire any in the UK.

I would suggest that you do some goooogling and research hiring in the area you are going to, my experience is that you won't find it to expensive, and probably not to problematic to source.

Good luck.

Out of interest when do you need them for. I'm asking because I've got 16 sets, and at the mo I'm in the middle of Europe, next door to Switzerland. I move about a bit, so if there was a chance I'll try to help.

Its not for ages - two weeks at the end of june/start of july. Not found any places hiring them out in Grindelwald (where we're staying) and judging by the eye-wateringly expensive campsite (£15pppn!?!) i'm not looking forward to sourcing kit for the people im going with. I will look into decathalon ones.

Why do the europeans insist on charging per adult + per tent + random taxes which vary between campsites?!
Removed User 18 Feb 2013

In that case and to be sure you are best buying them before you go.
Try doing a deal with a supplier/shop, bulk purchase discount.
 stevev 18 Feb 2013
I can't do 16, but I have got one going spare
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=536958&v=1#x7200955

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...