UKC

Sweaty palms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climber007 18 Feb 2013
Hello,

My palms get fairly sweaty when climbing and although I use plenty of chalk, it soon turns into a sludge which makes the holds slippy.

Does anybody else get this? Is there an alternative method?

Thanks in advance
 jon 18 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007:

Try Googling hyperhidrosis. There are various treatments for this.
 Glen 18 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007:

Oh yes. My hands are usually either sweating profusely or so cold I can't make my fingers move properly. I've found the best cure is to go skiing.
 JanBella 18 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007: Try Antyhidral cream, tube is around £12 on ebay. You only have to use tinny bit on your fingers (i wouldn't put it on palms) and they stop sweating. Think i only used it twice in 6 weeks and its still good. my hands are not too dry or cracking they just stopped sweating. i swear by it now!
 EeeByGum 22 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007: When I get sweaty hands, I find wiping them on my trousers is vastly more effective than using more chalk, especially mid-route.
 jkarran 22 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007:

> Does anybody else get this? Is there an alternative method?

I sweat like a pig. A combination of patting them on my shorts/t-shirt, blowing on them or waving them in the breeze and chalk works for me unless it's really hot. In that case the judicious application of a beer garden and a cool pint is the best solution I've found.

jk
 adstapleton 23 Feb 2013
In reply to climber007:

Botox injections into your hands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...