UKC

Editing Go-Pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 20 Feb 2013

Does anyone have any recomendations for editing go-pro footage?

Thanks
 BALD EAGLE 20 Feb 2013
Hi Minneconjou
I'm a big fan of Sony Vegas and have the 11 HD Platinum version which costs about £30. Although it is very powerful software, I found it straightforward to pick up the basics but have barely scratched the surface in what it can do after a year of using it!
Feel free to have a look at one or two of my latest efforts such as Croesor-Rhosydd, Escalando en Tenerife or Brecon Ice Climbing for example:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chdslDave/videos?view=0&flow=grid
Hope this helps and good luck!
Cheers Dave
 rallymania 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User:

as boldy <grin> said, vegas is quite popular and pretty cheap

there's also live moviemaker if you're a windows user or imovie on the mac

head over to the goprouser forums (google it) for loads of good tips

i've also spent hours on creative cow dot net watching video tutorials on how to do stuff in <insert your favourite editor here>

for royalty free music try "the free music archive" or jamendo <sp> if you don't want youtube moaning at you

(ps i use adobe premiere pro, it's great but the learning curve is somewhat steep)
Removed User 21 Feb 2013
In reply to rallymania:

Thanks both, I'll take a look at your suggestions.
 Thomaslynchuk 21 Feb 2013
another vote for Sony Vegas
 Marek 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User:
I seem to remember that Adobe made some of their older software versions freely availbable for non-commercial use earlier this year. Might be worth a look.
M
 Fume Troll 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User: A reasonable starting point is their own software.

http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/

Cheers,

FT.
 tipsy 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Marek: Technically not true. This was subject to having previously purchased a license for old software that has since been updated to newer operating systems. In essence, they don't really care as it's old, but in legal terms - it's not free.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...