UKC

Finger board with golfers elbow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 20 Feb 2013
An old injury resurrected by a weekend of cold sport climbing and a visit to the gym. So it now hurts to do up shoe laces etc

Question is: Should I still fingeboard. I don't feel any pain while doing it, but wondering if it's still better to rest?
 dale1968 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Kemics: no brainer, rest, why aggravate it? you don't want to spend the whole summer out, just rest up take it easy, go for run ect
 Fraser 20 Feb 2013
In reply to dale1968:
> (In reply to Kemics) no brainer, rest, why aggravate it?

+1
OP Kemics 20 Feb 2013
In reply to dale1968:

well my poor old knees stop running.

I only twinged the elbow climbing sport. Went to the gym instead of climbign and totally blew it out

had a trip planned this weekend and everything. Stupid body.
 AJM 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Kemics:

I had a friend who had either golfers or tennis, I forget which, and he found that the key aggravator was volume and so he switched to focusing on bouldering whilst rehabbing it. Saw some good strength gains too.

I'm not telling you this as a recommendation, more to highlight that if you manage it properly it's still possible to train on through. Every case is likely to be different...
OP Kemics 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Kemics:

Yeah been here before unfortunately, definitely rehabable. Those concentric exercises worked wonders previously! Probably should rest for a week then ease back into things.

The serious problem though is the missus is getting worryingly good at climbing and is constantly down the wall getting better...must keep trying to stay ahead :P oh well. Maybe i'll just beast core exericses and balance stuff for a week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...