UKC

The best Alpine multi-pitch VS to E2...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Can't decide as to the best place to go this year... I have some ideas, but I'm up for inspiration.
So what are your opinions on the best European granite routes that are do-able in a day? Unfortunately, we've only got a week this year, so I'd prefer minimal faff and non-climbing time and I'd also consider multiple venues within a drivable distance, as this could be good if there's a single uber-classic worth ticking at each place perhaps?
 sjminfife 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Some Random Climber: If you only have a week then Ailefroide would work. Plenty within walking distance of the campsite,good plus good limestone short drive away.
sjm
In reply to Some Random Climber:
Luna Nascente or Kundalini in Val de Mello are superb routes, world class I would say and beautiful venue, well worth a visit. Routes described inter alia in Italian Rock climbing / Al Churcher.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Feb 2013

Susten/Grimsel area.

Chris
 1234None 24 Feb 2013

I've done a very limited selection, but what about Visite Obligatoire on the Aiguille Dibona, plus the Voie Madier if you are up there. Both superb.
In reply to All:
That great thanks, I'll check these venues out. I've certainly looked at both Kundalini and Motorhead as contenders. Fantastic looking routes.
graham F 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Some Random Climber: Motorhead is excellent. Septumania a bit easier, Metal Hurlante a bit harder but both brilliant. Lots of other stuff to do there too.
Sanetsch (above Sion) for 8-10 pitch limestone?
Arnad/Pilier Lomasti if the weather is bad in the mountains.
Val del Orco for trad granite.
 Solaris 24 Feb 2013

Salbitschijen
 sjminfife 24 Feb 2013
In reply to 1234None:
> (In reply to Some Random Climber)
>
> I've done a very limited selection, but what about Visite Obligatoire on the Aiguille Dibona, plus the Voie Madier if you are up there. Both superb.

SRC,These look great routes(too hard for me when I was there).If you are around this side there are some nice looking routes on La Berade.
sjm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...