UKC

most beautiful trad sequence you've ever watched?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keendan 24 Feb 2013
I just watched the "In the middle" video again (reposted by UKC) and was completely inspired by the steep run out climbing on "the dark side" at 12:19.

Got me thinking, what are the most beautiful sequences you've seen on video?

(link please )
 kwoods 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniel Heath: Can't find the video (sadly - because it's so worth seeing) but one that caught me by surprise was the one of Johnny Dawes dancing up Braille Trail. Total different planet.

The other one that comes to mind is the crux of Silverback, Dumbarton.

vimeo.com/6622541#t=63

Dunno who the climber is. But perfect move and perfect arc for that piece of rock. Maybe it's an artistic thing...
OP Keendan 24 Feb 2013
In reply to kwoods:

Yes the Braille Trail is a great part from Stone Monkey, where he says something about using your momentum from one move to the next because you can't hold one position statically.

I'm fairly sure climbers can now climb the route statically, and I get the impression some of his flamboyant moves are now considered unnecessary. (like the crucifix move on the Quarryman). Having said this, Dawes' moves make much better vieweing!
In reply to Daniel Heath:

Dawes on that V groove on Quarryman is still one of the greatest trad sequences ever shot.
 wilkie14c 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniel Heath: Dawes on the Rasp at Higgar, so smooth and in control. His solo of the File is pretty slick too. Both on 'Best forgotton Art'
OP Keendan 27 Feb 2013
In reply to blanchie14c:

Sounds good, I'd love to watch that. I don't know anyone who didn't find the rasp a massive struggle.
 Robert Durran 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
> (In reply to Daniel Heath)
>
> Dawes on that V groove on Quarryman is still one of the greatest trad sequences ever shot.

Not trad though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...