UKC

PICS of people on various routes Fri - Sun on The BEN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Conan 25 Feb 2013

Taking Loz's lead.

Took a few shots of various people doing routes on the Ben on Fri - Sun.
Namely

3 guys on Harrisons Direct on Friday
3 Guys in Red jackets on Castle Ridge on Friday
4 people or so soloing on Tower ridge on Saturday (Tower Gap)
Queing up for top out on Glovers on Saturday
2 Guys (2nd in orange jacket) on left hand Central mid afternoon Saturday
NE Buttress, Orion Face upper sections - Mid afternoon Saturday
2 Guys late Sunday morning on Great Tower, Tower ridge
2 guys topping out on Point 5 early Sunday afternoon
Sunday afternoon teams on Number 3 gulley buttress
Vanishing Gulley Sunday afternoon
The Curtain Sunday mid afternoon

Drop me a line if you think you may interested in a copy
In reply to Conan:

Hi, We were on Vanishing Gully on Sunday pm (13:30 to 15:30 ish). I had black jacket & black trousers and my second had red jacket & grey trousers. Was it us?
OP Conan 25 Feb 2013
In reply to 9WS9c3jps92HFTEp:

Yes it was, drop me an email and I'll send you the 4 shots I took with you belaying your 2nd up the 2nd pitch.
In reply to Conan:

Cheers. Sending pm now
alysjepson 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: We were on tower ridge on sunday- i had a red/orange jacket and my befriend a black jacket?
In reply to Conan:

Hi there. We were on Harrisons last Fri, one with red jacket one with black jacket. There was another pair alongside us and a group of 3 lower down. Would appreciate pics v much. Have sent you email.
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Cuillin Calling:

Will check at lunchtime. The photos are mainly of the group of 3
 Mowglee 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan:

It was us on The Curtain on Sunday - would be grateful for the pics. Thanks!
 Alex Winter 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: In reply to Conan: Hi, I was in a party of four soloing Tower Ridge on Saturday. We also topped out on Point 5 as two parties of two early on Sunday. We finished at 11:10, the other two an hour or so later. None of us were wearing particularly lurid jackets; there was a blue one, a sort of muddy green one, a dark red one, and a black one. Would really appreciate a copy if any of them look like us. Cheers.
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Mowglee:
Drop me an email and I'll reply with photos
 adamsky 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: hi, we were on north east buttress on saturday. Would appreciate any pics. Cheers

adam
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Alex Winter:

I'll email you the Tower Ridge photos. The Point 5 one must be a later pair as it was about 1pm - 1:30pm ish
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to adamsky:

Drop me an email and I'll send you a few. Hopefully your in one or 2. The one of the 2nd climbing the 40 foot corner looks good at x48 zoom
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to alysjepson:
> (In reply to Conan) We were on tower ridge on sunday- i had a red/orange jacket and my befriend a black jacket?

Looks like an earlier pair in the photos

One was wearing a lighter blue jacket
 Nick Russell 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan:

Thanks for the photos. I was one of the pair topping out of Point 5
 Theseboots 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: sent you an email,thanks.
 adamsky 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: its adamsky1985@hotmail.com. Thanks
OP Conan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan:

So I think I've replied to everyone so far. If I've missed someone out, let me know.

So the main ones I haven't heard from are
3 guys on Harrisons Direct on Friday
3 Guys in Red jackets on Castle Ridge on Friday
Queing up for top out on Glovers on Saturday - This is two pairs I think who were together with a couple of my friends holding them up (Sorry Simon)
 buffalo606 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan: Hi, was part of pair on Tower Ridge Sunday blue jacket, have messaged you. Cheers
 Fiona Reid 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Conan:

The guys in the queue on Glovers could be part of the Jacobites group staying at the CIC. We bumped into some of their group on the descent and shared a joke that some of their party were probably stuck in the queue. Not sure if they are all on UKC, but the contact details are:
https://sites.google.com/site/newjacobitesmountaineeringclub/contact-us
 davesykes 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Conan: Hi Conan we were a party of 2 on minus one/ Ne buttress - we were last up - I was in a green cag with dark sack and trousers+ white helmet and my partner was in blue cag with dark sack and trou + orange helmut 9 (i think) ta Dave
In reply to Conan: Hi, I was queing at the top of NE Buttress on Saturday - myself in a blue jacket, my friend in black (or blue and green - cant remember which). Would definitely be interested in the photos, thanks, Caspar
In reply to Caspar McKeever: Oh and I was also on tower ridge on sunday morning - again myself in blue jacket and friend in black or green and blue - if thats us. Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...