UKC

Beal Iceline Identification

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 26 Feb 2013
Does anyone have any idea whether these ropes are golden dry or not?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hymkfxdg16c4ph2/2pkvZJnGcs#/

Cheers
BR
 Baron Weasel 26 Feb 2013
In reply to blackreaver: Have they been tested under a golden shower???

...sorry, couldn't help myself...

BW
In reply to blackreaver: I have a pair that colour that are Golden Dry. I also think taht they put the Dry Tape/sticker on the Golden Dry and not the Dry cover
 peas65 26 Feb 2013
In reply to blackreaver:

Generally if they just say Dry then no its just the normal type. They need to say golden dry to be golden dry!
They also seem quite old as the end markings as quite old fashioned. My Beal ropes are 6-7 years old and the end markings a much newer type as they have an individual code on them. Don't know when this was added though. Reckon you could find out though.

Also this doesn't look very neat so could not be the original end markings. They could have been remarked as its unlikely they would leave the Beal factory looking so messy.

Anyway sorry for intruding.
 itsThere 26 Feb 2013
In reply to blackreaver: you can tell by the colour markings, since you said its an iceline. just match it up on their website, looks like goldendry.

http://bealplanet.com/sport/anglais/corde-iceline.php

but email beal, they may have changed it over the years.
In reply to peas65: They are original Beal markings. Mine are Golden Dry and just had a dry sticker on them but a goldendry label. Not looking for an argument but what you have written doesn't match the ropes I've got at all.
 london_huddy 26 Feb 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

I've got the yellow rope which is Golden Dry... Might have changed though.
OP Alpenglow 26 Feb 2013
In reply to blackreaver: Thanks everyone, I'm considering buying them off of a friend. Apparently they haven't been used (as he is a boulderer) and have been sat in a cupboard for a few years, but he was unsure whether they were golden dry or just dry cover.

Thanks again,
BR
August West 27 Feb 2013
In reply to blackreaver:

Beal only do the Iceline in the Golden Dry, there isn't an option of just the Dry Cover (certainly in the last 5 years or so).
In reply to Furthur:
> (In reply to blackreaver)
>
> Beal only do the Iceline in the Golden Dry, there isn't an option of just the Dry Cover (certainly in the last 5 years or so).

You need to check the link to the Beal website further up. I think that Beal make them but they are not imported for sale in the UK. I don't see why you'd want an Iceline in anything other than Golden Dry though.

August West 27 Feb 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:
> (In reply to Furthur)
> [...]
>
> You need to check the link to the Beal website further up.

OK, I see now that they do.

>I think that Beal make them but they are not imported for sale in the UK.

You could get one by special order...but...

>I don't see why you'd want an Iceline in anything other than Golden Dry though.

I agree.

Hi

Looking at the picture this appears to be an unused but quite old rope and almost certainly pre-dates Golden Dry.
Because it doesn’t have the detailed end markings of newer ropes (which allow you to track the rope, its treatment, and manufacture date), and no heat-shrink over the information, we suspect this rope is at least 5 years old.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to give further information without seeing the original hangtag information.

C
In reply to Lyon Outdoor: Beal have used Goldendry since at least 2004

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...