UKC

New blog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Banned User 77 27 Feb 2013
So new life new blog and all that.. here's my new taregts for my life in Germany.

http://eryridiaspora.blogspot.co.uk/

It will be European mountain race reports.. plus the odd outlier, plus weekly training summaries.. I'll targey 12-15 races a year plus local races.
 Morgan Woods 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

That looks like quite a schedule....good luck with it!
 Curry 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Looks fantastic! Good luck with them all Iain.
 tony 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

First time I've seen the Perth 100km race described as classic, but good luck with it. I'll try to get along to offer some support (probably not for the whole event tho!)
In reply to tony:
> (In reply to IainRUK)
>
> First time I've seen the Perth 100km race described as classic, but good luck with it. I'll try to get along to offer some support (probably not for the whole event tho!)

Aye.. its not fun.. I almost didn't list it but its my main aim for the first part of the year..
 steveriley 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:
Oof, after 40 laps you should have worked up some mental toughness at least. reminds me of the deca-ironman friend of a friend Dave Clamp did, round a tiny little run course. Loopy...
 yorkshireman 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Good luck with the new chapter in your life, and of course the races - ambitious plans (for us mere mortals anyway). Some of the races on your list have inspired me for goals in future years.

Not wanting to hijack your thread but its always good practice to make your goals public so you stick to them, so:

1. I'm going to try to turn in a good time in the Paris marathon in April, hoping for sub 3.15 but secretly think I can start getting close to 3.00.

2. Local 60km ultra in June.

3. Etape (cycling) in July as a bit of change of pace and switch things up a bit.

4. September - 86km Ultra Trail du Vercors, 4500m +/- which is my main goal for the year. Entered it a couple of years ago and crashed out at the 75% mark.

A few experiences on my blog too. Will try to resurrect with race reports and training experience. I'm recovering from virus now so hoping to get back on track.

http://chamoisbotherer.blogspot.fr
In reply to yorkshireman: Looks good, I'll keep an eye on that. It's quite hard to find out about new races so it will be good to see reports. Good luck with Paris. I was unsure about which Marathon to go for but decided to leave it til May to make sure I've recovered from the 100k.
 yorkshireman 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

I have the same problem, I find the race listings for Europe are quite fragmented, and I live too far from any civilisation to make joining a club worthwhile. All the races I'm doing (apart from Paris) are local to me and are just ones I've heard about through word of mouth or stumbled upon.
In reply to yorkshireman: I've been using these 2 sites.. they seem quite good..

http://www.laufkalender.ch/en/search.html
http://www.mudsweattrails.nl/Trailkalenders

and also

www.runinternational.eu
 Castleman 27 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Good luck. I've enjoyed dipping into Sarahs blog every now and again so will that be stopping now?
In reply to Castleman: No Sarah's still in Wales..
In reply to IainRUK: how's your german, Iain? Best wishes for the next stage of your life.

PS. If you get the chance, I reckon the Zillertal rucksack route would make a challenging personal ultra. its not that long but the ground is rough and its spectacular.
 StefanB 28 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Good luck with the new life and racing schedule. If you want to do some smaller but nevertheless interesting races in south-western Germany let me know (similarly, should you ever wish to race in Spain).
In reply to Full moon addict: Awful.. but as its the old East English is not widely spoken. The institute is english speaking though.

Cheers I'll have a look. Well done on the Broxap, just saw that, sounds epic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...