UKC

People you know would be annoying...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cú Chullain 27 Feb 2013
I get greeted by a picture of some red haired bint whenever I have to log on to Hotmail, and I suppose it's meant to be some sort of aspirational 'you too can be a coffee-shop intellectual like me that uses things like Hotmail'...but I can't help but feel that she is but moments away from saying something particularly stupid and annoying.

GrahamD 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> ..but feel that she is but moments away from saying something particularly stupid and annoying.

Probably a UKC regular then
 rallymania 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
> ...but I can't help but feel that she is but moments away from saying something particularly stupid and annoying.

you mean something like... "why haven't you upgraded to outlook.com yet?"

OP Cú Chullain 27 Feb 2013
In reply to rallymania:

Maybe, to me it looks like she'd bore you rigid talking about her upcoming wedding plans (left hand), then move on to her totally unique travelling experiences after uni (illustrated with the indenti-kit picture of a load of people jumping in the air on some Thai beach or Peruvian salt flats) and follow it up with how she only now drinks fair trade.

She studied Psychology or English literature at a moderate red-brick and is training to become a teacher, having been too bland and cliched to get a gig as a writer. You only humour her on the basis that her fiance is a bit wet and she might get a 15 minute hankering for a real man at some point, and your number is in prime position to answer the booty call.

EeeByGum 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain: Could you post a photo? I am intrigued how you manage to read so much from a marketing shot.
 Reach>Talent 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
http://tinyurl.com/a4mtbjs

An android phone? Really Microsoft?

Dauphin 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Jesus mate your patient.

D
 Ava Adore 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Gingerist
 Timmd 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:You're possibly a strange man. ()
 peppermill 27 Feb 2013

>
> She studied Psychology or English literature at a moderate red-brick and is training to become a teacher, having been too bland and cliched to get a gig as a writer. You only humour her on the basis that her fiance is a bit wet and she might get a 15 minute hankering for a real man at some point, and your number is in prime position to answer the booty call.

Yep I think in a similar way. Bored sh**less but you listen anyway 'cos she's fit.

mcdougal 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

That's my sister.
 mcdougal 27 Feb 2013
In reply to mcdougal:

Just kidding :p
 Andy Hardy 27 Feb 2013
In reply to mcdougal:

I have an uncle?
 LaMentalist 27 Feb 2013
In reply to mcdougal:
> (In reply to Cú Chullain)
>
> That's my sister.

Does she climb ? Could you send me her number please ? ta .

In reply to Mighty Max:
>
> [...]
>
> Yep I think in a similar way. Bored sh**less but you listen anyway 'cos she's fit.

Indeed, but she's found someone with the same dull, mildly left-wing middle-class opinions as her who she can go to couples house parties and be smug with, while regurgitating said opinions. She likes to remind you that it could have been you, but covers he cleavage and exhibits her engagement ring to remind you that's off the table. You'd have been tempted, too, but the thought of encouraging your son from the touchline when he resembled a miniature Paul Tito that you couldn't quite bring yourself to love made you think better of it and there was no way you were going to get away with a one-nighter. Still, the potential booty call is worth the weekly hour of nodding boredom.

Clauso 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Tim Wonnacott. Him off the antiques telly programme what dresses up in tweed and dicky bows and pronounces Australia as Orrrrrrrstralia.
 LaMentalist 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
> (In reply to rallymania)
>
> Maybe, to me it looks like she'd bore you rigid talking about her upcoming wedding plans (left hand), then move on to her totally unique travelling experiences after uni (illustrated with the indenti-kit picture of a load of people jumping in the air on some Thai beach or Peruvian salt flats) and follow it up with how she only now drinks fair trade.
>
> She studied Psychology or English literature at a moderate red-brick and is training to become a teacher, having been too bland and cliched to get a gig as a writer. You only humour her on the basis that her fiance is a bit wet and she might get a 15 minute hankering for a real man at some point, and your number is in prime position to answer the booty call.

She sounds perfect & a prime candidate for corruption I'd say !

EeeByGum 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain: Nice. Whilst you are muttering away to yourself about her pshychology degree, I wouldn't.

She looks alright to me. Certainly a lot more approachable than many of the ashen faced, non-smiling / scowling faces you often see up the crag.
 EeeByGum 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent:

> An android phone? Really Microsoft?
>

Could be one of the HTC Windows phones?
ice.solo 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

i hate the guys who play doctors/researchers in pharmaceutical ads.
its like they get chosen as actors for their ability to relay smugness and condesencion. they just reek of deck shoes and carbon fiber bike frames.
 cuppatea 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Ava Adore:
>
> Gingerist

Red ones go faster.
 peppermill 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
> (In reply to Mighty Max)
> [...]
>
> Indeed, but she's found someone with the same dull, mildly left-wing middle-class opinions as her who she can go to couples house parties and be smug with, while regurgitating said opinions. She likes to remind you that it could have been you, but covers he cleavage and exhibits her engagement ring to remind you that's off the table. You'd have been tempted, too, but the thought of encouraging your son from the touchline when he resembled a miniature Paul Tito that you couldn't quite bring yourself to love made you think better of it and there was no way you were going to get away with a one-nighter. Still, the potential booty call is worth the weekly hour of nodding boredom.

Hehe, bad day dude?
In reply to Mighty Max:
> [...]
>
> Hehe, bad day dude?

Far from it!
 Timmd 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:Your description is funny in a cruel kind of way. ()

I don't think much of the choice of the scarf/shawl/whatever it is to match her hair, looks a tad drab imho.

Timmd 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

While her top matches her eye colour, hmmn, wonder if they were chosen by whoever staged the shoot for Microsoft?

She might drive Nascar or skydive in real life. ()

In reply to Timmd:
>
> While her top matches her eye colour, hmmn, wonder if they were chosen by whoever staged the shoot for Microsoft?
>
> She might drive Nascar or skydive in real life. ()

I doubt it, that said, you know the fall out from said potential encounter would be horrific as indicated by her wearing her mother's engagement ring on her middle finger, the mother who has not yet even passed away but languishes in an unloved nursing home, a home only chosen by upon criteria of carbon footprint. Ms 'booty' here is paranoid that her mother's ring will stolen by one of the carers, from nothing more than the demographic assumption of insincerity that just because the carer did not share her faux-liberal ideology then she must be an undesirable thief, and has even gone as far as to make a complaint as such to the manager, a complaint based on nothing but the same brand of bigotry she marched against in university and still preaches about to this day. Oh yes, 'Ms' Booty here does not do irony.
 Timmd 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

'Teach us Delight in simple things and Mirth which has no bitter springs'

I do know what you mean about smug though, a couple quite close to home for me seem to have become a tiny bit smug since they've had children, and the mum likes to talk about he daugther quite a lot.

Quite different to another couple I know who've also reacently sprogged. We're all human with quirks and flaws I guess, i'm far from perfect. Generosity of spirit is definately the way forward.
 hokkyokusei 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
>
> I doubt it, that said, you know the fall out from said potential encounter would be horrific as indicated by her wearing her mother's engagement ring on her middle finger, the mother who has not yet even passed away but languishes in an unloved nursing home, a home only chosen by upon criteria of carbon footprint. Ms 'booty' here is paranoid that her mother's ring will stolen by one of the carers, from nothing more than the demographic assumption of insincerity that just because the carer did not share her faux-liberal ideology then she must be an undesirable thief, and has even gone as far as to make a complaint as such to the manager, a complaint based on nothing but the same brand of bigotry she marched against in university and still preaches about to this day. Oh yes, 'Ms' Booty here does not do irony.

You are Stewart Lee and I claim my five pounds.
 hokkyokusei 27 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei:
> [...]
>
> You are Stewart Lee and I claim my five pounds.

I've just checked your profile pic, you really _are_ Stewart Lee!
 woolsack 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain: Have you tried Gmail?
OP Cú Chullain 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei:
> [...]
>
> You are Stewart Lee and I claim my five pounds.

Erm, who?
 deepsoup 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:
> Erm, who?

Famous comedian and (coincidentally) a friend of famous mountaineer Christopher Bonnington.
 The New NickB 28 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:
> [...]

> famous mountaineer Christopher Bonnington.

Who?
 deepsoup 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei:

I've just checked your profile pic, and you know Stuart Lee well don't you? You _are_ David O'Doherty.
 Timmd 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei:
> (In reply to hokkyokusei)
> [...]
>
> I've just checked your profile pic, you really _are_ Stewart Lee!

<like>
 hokkyokusei 28 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:
>
> I've just checked your profile pic, and you know Stuart Lee well don't you? You _are_ David O'Doherty.

I believe the appropriate answer is ... who?
 dunc56 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei: You were in Beverley Hills 90210 ?
 hokkyokusei 28 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:
>
> I've just checked your profile pic, and you know Stuart Lee well don't you? You _are_ David O'Doherty.

OMG, you're Al Murray!
 deepsoup 28 Feb 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei:
All hail to the ale!
Removed User 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Gone way over the top on the make up. A face like a plasterer's radio if you ask me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...