UKC

Ski Touring skis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ford23 01 Mar 2013
Hi,
Im buying some ski touring skis for my birthday and have looked around, i had a talk with the guys at conrad sport and they recomended (for my price range)
K2 Shuksan Speed Rocker 11/12 coupled with marker tour bindings. This is aimed at a set up where I do about 1/2 on pieste, 1/2 off pieste. Will touring bindings wear a lot more using lots on pieste? is this a decent set up, im just worried its a lot of money if im using for the wrong thing.
thanks
Seth
 Aigen 03 Mar 2013
In reply to sethmford: I got a new pair of K2 Coombacks with pre cut skins and Dynafit TLT Radical ST Bindings. I have to say this setup is amazing. I ski 3-5 times a week here in Innsbruck and use these for Piste touring Off Piste for everything. Picked them up in Sport Conrad (In Germany) and got a ski binding deal.
 earlsdonwhu 03 Mar 2013
In reply to Aigen: Agree Coombacks are great on and off piste in all snow conditions. I have Freeride Pro mounted which would make them heavy for long multi day tours ( with my ageing legs) but are great for day tours.

Check bindings ....is it the Markers which are fiddly to change between up/downhill mode?

AdrianC 03 Mar 2013
In reply to sethmford: The Markers are a good option if you want to spend a fair bit of time on piste. They're quite heavy and can be a pain to get back into ski mode after skinning and getting snow in their grooves (carry a wee proddler with you for those times) but they're pretty solid, easy to get into and don't have some of the awkward habits of Dynafits.

In reply to cyberpunk: Coombacks are nice (I have Coombas) but I can't look at a pair without chuckling to myself. I always think they're named after what you'd shout having skinned up 1000m to some peak and dropped one back down the steep slope you're about to ski.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...