UKC

Flights to Kathmandu!! HELP!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bb1304 01 Mar 2013
Help.......

I am looking to book flights from the UK to Kathmandu for a large group. However the names are yet to be confirmed and I want to book flights without names.

Does anybody have any experience of this and know of good (cheap) companies to go through? The more options the better.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 Mr. Lee 01 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304:

You can't book flights without names.
m0unt41n 01 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304: But travel companies block book seats which they take up as their holidays are booked or release back to the airline some time before, so presumeably it must be possible to reserve tickets and fix the price.
 Guy Atkinson 01 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304:
I'm pretty sure there aren't any direct flights to Nepal so it'll be double the amount of flights and faffing around with names. Try contacting the airlines as if you were a business?
 Mr. Lee 01 Mar 2013
In reply to m0unt41n:

It's aviation law that dictates you need names on tickets at point of sale.
Chris Szymiec 05 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304:

You can sometimes get a travel agent to hold a block of flights for 24 hours max. You can not officially reserve anything without names.

I am not sure when you are flying but i suggest booking all the names you currently have asap as KTM flights are filling up right now due to the onset of the spring season. There are multiple flight to KTM from Delhi each day and multiple flight to Delhi from LHR each day.

I hope this helps
Chris
 Guy Atkinson 05 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304:
Skyscanner.net is also helpful, you can transfer in places like Qatar, UAE and Oman as well as India.
 inboard 05 Mar 2013
In reply to bb1304:
I used to work in this area. It is possible to book a large group with no names and confirm details nearer the time. The cheap carriers (Easyjet, Ryanair etc) won't let you do this but you'll not be using them to get to Nepal anyway.

You will need to use an agent who will negotiate with airlines to get the best deal - when you're looking for more than c10 seats, the information on airlines' websites ceases to be useful re price. Usually, you'd agree on a contract which gives you a little wiggle room on the final number (ie you can lose perhaps 10% of the total seats initially booked, without charge). You will probably have to pay a deposit up front, with the balance due perhaps 4-6 weeks before departure. You may be able to negotiate excess baggage to be included in your deal.

I can recommend Jon, the Groups Manager at http://www.colpitts.co.uk/services/ - we worked together on several projects in my previous job, which included a lot of large group foreign travel. The charges for agent services are not great (in fact you'll barely notice them as the group ticket price for a large group will probably be pretty competitive). The advantages of using an agent extend far beyond just getting the seats booked - they'll help with all sorts of problems, particularly if bad weather/ strikes etc affect any part of your air travel.

Hope this helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...