UKC

Rock climbing shoe/trainers combi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
P Baillie 03 Mar 2013
Im currently suffering with a nasty rash on the inside of my heel which i attribute to the abrasion from my climbing shoes. I'm looking into buying something with a little less hard rubber around the heel and wonder about the shoes with the trainer-esque heel. Has anyone used any? Are they more comfortable? And does anyone know of any shops / sites that still sell them?

many thanks!
 Rich L 03 Mar 2013
In reply to P Baillie:

All the big brands stopped making them years ago, so the only shoes available tend to be in tiny sizes, which is fine if you are a small woman. Joe Brown still sell La sportiva Rock Jocks

If you are a bloke then GoOutdoors still sell the Mad Rock Frenzy EZ in bigger sizes, but you can only get them instore.

e-bay is your best bet, but this can be a lottery: got myself a brand new pair of Rock Jocks but they turned out too small. I would be more than happy to sell these, only used a couple of times, size 9 1/2! Having done a search on here, opinions were very positive.

Other models to look out for are Scarpa Marathon, Red Chili Tornado, 5.10 V Mile, and another 5.10 model which predates it, but I cannot remember the name
P Baillie 03 Mar 2013
In reply to Rich L: I'm 8-8.5 but I guess I could wear socks. How much would you be looking for? Do u happen to have any photos (esp of the toe)? Thanks for the information - very kind of you!
BW
Paul
 VeryDifficult 03 Mar 2013
In reply to P Baillie:

Scarpa Force X have a trainer like heel:

http://www.climbingworks.com/shop/mens-clothing/mens-footwear/scarpa-force-...

I tried the women's on and they seemed v comfy.
 Rich L 03 Mar 2013
In reply to P Baillie:

yhm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...