UKC

Rock Climbing - Kichwa Tembo / Tsavo Kenya

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aostaman 04 Mar 2013
There seems to be some quite spectacular stuff here and it looks as if I will be going near here for a week or so. Does anyone know anything about what is here. Has anyone been?, Does anyone know of any guides, either written or indeed 'people guides'!

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
In reply to aostaman: Know where you mean but not tried climbing there, you could do worse than start at Mountain Club of Kenya. Second recommendation would be to contact Mark Savage
http://www.savagewilderness.org/team/aboutUs.php
he put up a lot of the wilder rock routes in Kenya
 Grahame N 04 Mar 2013
In reply to aostaman:
I've been there. Way back in 1982, so memory is a bit vague.
We went for a weekend with two locals after climbing Mt Kenya. First day we climbed a huge long (about 6 pitches) chimney to the summit of Kichwa Tembo. Vultures were nesting in the back of the chimney and the views down to giraffes, elephants, etc were fantastic. Next day we climbed on a smaller (2 pitch?) crag and I remember doing a very fine route called Tusker, maybe vs or hvs. We camped beside a river in which there were hippos and crocs, and the noise of the monkeys in the trees was incredible.
Best to get in touch with Mountain Club of Kenya, they'll have details.
OP aostaman 05 Mar 2013
In reply to aostaman: Thanks for the replies, it was a very obscure topic but the info was very useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...