UKC

VIDEO: Mina Climbs Careless Torque - 8A

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Mar 2013
Mina Leslie-Wujastyk below Careless Torque (8A) at Stanage, 4 kbHere's the excellent video from Outcrop Films of Mina Leslie-Wujastyk climbing Careless Torque at Stanage.

The route follows the stunning arete to the left of the classic ramp-line Not to be taken away, and is one of the most beautiful and well known lines on gritstone.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67878

ericinbristol 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Mina. And this is an outstandingly good film.
 Jus 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome stuff.
In reply to UKC News:

That's awesome. Well done Mina. I really enjoyed the film.
 Nik Jennings 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
That was a really nicely done short film, mind you given that it is one of the most massively impressive bits of climbing I've seen it could have been shaky blurry and out of focus and I'd still be gob-smacked. Amazing climbing.
 Morgan Woods 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

well done....i think i would want double the number of pads and spotters!
 Jack Geldard 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Awesome climb, climbing, filming.

Nice one - really enjoyed it and almost got psyched to do 12 months of stretching to give my leg a chance of getting on that arete! - Got to be one of THE big ticks in the UK, would love to do it one day.

Awesome.

Jack
 Mark Collins 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Wow that was exciting, thanks for posting.
 JLS 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Quality video, quality problem, quality climber. Great stuff.
 casa 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Yeah a big congtrats for that. I thought the young lady came across very well too.
 deepsoup 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Brilliant film, brilliant climb, brilliant climber. Absolutely stunning. :O)
 Fraser 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Great effort - great wee vid too.
 Jonny2vests 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

The fact that you gave away the footage Mina is nearly as impressive as not using a TR.
 madmats 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Great film, much better than the other ones about her bouldering in the states. Just out of interest, has anyone climbed the left side of the arete?
 Michael Hood 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Damn, that's the onsight blown for me then

Impressive, in 1987 and impressive now.
 matthew jones 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Congratulations on the ascent, hope this makes it onto the international grapevine. Agree with previous posts, the best film by far in a saturated media in recent months (years?) Will forward this one to my better half (who has retired from the game), not often I bother her with such news anymore!
 Wee Davie 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent!
 Pagan 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent film and a superb effort from Mina. Really inspiring stuff.
 GraB 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Excellent vid and amazing climbing. Fab. Thanks!
 BlownAway 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic effort and a great video.

"Better than Jerry" - class!
 collywob 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Inspirational. Was just reading about the route in my Stanage guide last night. So spyched to get up there and fall off V3/4s! This is different class though.
 nniff 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Really good effort and film, and 10/10 for avoiding the use of the words, 'super', 'sent' or 'stoked' Or at least, if she did, in such a modest and engaging way that I failed to notice!.
 philhilo 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Excellent vid and excellent ascent. Agree with all others. Bouldering vids usually hard to make interesting or become OTT - this was spot on.
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort, nice film, great quote ("better than Jerry", that is). I see UKC's own E8 Adam's spotting hasn't improved!

I remember ML burning off some of my mates (and me, naturally) in a Mile End bouldering comp ca 1999; she polished off the 12-15 problems in a few minutes, moved on to the 16-18 problems and then started showing us how to do some of the adult ones we couldn't do. My friend wasn't very impressed and redoubled his efforts in the traditional manner of men getting shown how to climb slabs by 11-year-old girls, but to no avail. I thought then she might be quite good one day.....

jcm
 neil the weak 06 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Great film, and effort.
In reply to UKC News:

Lovely film and a great effort Mina well done!!
 Fraser 06 Mar 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> .... I see UKC's own E8 Adam's spotting hasn't improved!

It's Will Atkinson isn't it?
BuffaloBill 07 Mar 2013
In reply to Fraser: yep, deffo big Willy
In reply to wando77:

Fair enough; I can't tell these strong young men apart. And to be fair E8A was always an excellent spotter and no doubt still is.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...