UKC

NEWS: New 8B at Earl Crag for Tom Peckitt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Mar 2013
Tom Peckitt on PaTina Turner (8B), Earl Crag, 4 kbTom Peckit has added an extremely thin looking new problem to Earl Crag, Yorkshire.

His new problem is a sit-start to the existing crimpy wall climb of Handy Andy's (V7), and Tom has named it PaTina Turner and offered a suggested grade of 8B.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67880

johncook 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Not the most gripping video I've seen. Gave up after watching the guy slip off the same foothold double figures of times. A 1/2 metre slip gets monotonous for the viewer after a couple of times. May be of interest to a small minority, but not me!
 snoop6060 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Respect to Tom for climbing that thing from low down, it looked utterly impossible when when I was trying Handy Andy's. 8B pretty much is the definition of impossible to a punter like myself I suppose tho.
 CBA 05 Mar 2013
In reply to johncook: Why bother posting then? I'm obviously one of the "small minority" with an interest in hard bouldering...well done Tom!
 kwoods 05 Mar 2013
In reply to CBA: Well said.

Good video. A good picture of bouldering in general. (fall fall fall, repeat, then again ... success)
 Enty 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

After trying and failing on the stand up Handy Andy's for years I liked that video.

Maybe next time I'll try it without a beanie - Tom got it second go when he took his off.

E
 thedatastream 05 Mar 2013
In reply to kwoods:
> (In reply to CBA) Well said.
>
> Good video. A good picture of bouldering in general. (fall fall fall, repeat, then again ... success)

I agree, good video.
 Fraser 05 Mar 2013
In reply to johncook:
> (In reply to UKC News) Not the most gripping video I've seen.

I must admit, I found it brilliant. The grade is way beyond my abilities, but I could really relate to the repeated failures, increasing exasperation and frustration. I loved it when, after attempt #19 (...or was it #119?), all that was in shot was one upturned leg, followed by another to cross it with. Dejected resignation.

Well done for persevering.
 Niels 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
One of the more gripping video's I've seen recently. May not be of interest to a small minority, but I defiantly enjoyed it.
 Franco Cookson 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: That was great!
Wiley Coyote2 06 Mar 2013
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to Kevin Woods)

> I agree, good video.

Each to their own but if you're right I'd hate to see a bad one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...