UKC

Why?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ron Walker 05 Mar 2013
 xplorer 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

When you gotta go...... You gotta go
 Radioactiveman 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

No expert on shit but looking at the explosive nature they probably had a poorly tummy. Was expected a carefully coiled mr whippy tbh.
OP Ron Walker 05 Mar 2013
In reply to xplorer:

Never had this myself but a friend had irritable bowel syndrome and he still didn't crap all over the route!
 itsThere 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: too poop or not too poop, maybe a tactical pre-emptive poop pre route would be better. unless its too late then what ya gonna do
 george mc 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

Maybe they should have their nose rubbed in it - animals...
OP Ron Walker 05 Mar 2013
In reply to george mc:
> (In reply to Ron Walker)
>
> Maybe they should have their nose rubbed in it - animals...

Thought about it and I thought about the poor stressed folk being assessed for the BMG guides and the MIC yesterday and thought nawwwwwwwwww def failure!!!!
OK you could be really ill and shit in your pants but I really don't understand shitting down the route?
 barbeg 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:
What a corker Ron!....or rather, a lack of a cork! He! He!
ANdy
Kevin Rutherford 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: Quite a few big ptarmigans moving about the coire last week? Was informed by trainee WML 2 weeks ago that the Ptarmigan "pellets" you see around the hill are poo no.1, the "runny" ones that are sometimes seen close by to the pellet ones are poo no.2 after theyve eatin poo no.1. Maybe someone on here could confirm that?
 Robert Durran 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

Not nice, but if you're strapped to a belay and have to go, the only other alternative is to shit in your pants. Difficult call. I've done both in my time.
 Milesy 05 Mar 2013
I have seen shite like that before and assumed it was wildlife? Doesnt look enough or quite nasty enough to be human?
 Robert Durran 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> I have seen shite like that before and assumed it was wildlife? Doesnt look enough or quite nasty enough to be human?

No. Typical belay dump.

stoo2k 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

My friend topped out Hollybush Crack at The Roaches this weekend only to be greeted by a tissue-topped poo right where she needed to set up her anchors Bork! Some people are foul!
 Gael Force 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: What have they done on grit?
 CurlyStevo 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Robert Durran:
> (In reply to Milesy)
> [...]
>
> No. Typical belay dump.

you seem to be an expert......
 Simon Caldwell 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> I have seen shite like that before and assumed it was wildlife?

I have seen shite like that before, and it's usually the work of a well known hut custodian
 DANNYdjb 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:
maybe they were scared !!!
paraffin 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:
Grouse?
 sbc_10 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

Obviously, this is not an example of dry-stooling.

Sods law is that the offending solid (or not) is either
a) on the most comfortable part of the belay
b) following the law of gravity and fluid dynamics by being splattered down the route.

Without knowing the exact shituation resulting in this outflow, I will not condemn them totally, but nevertheless they would have had the tools to dig a pit of some description away from the fall line.
Poor show really.

gd303uk 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: looks like someone arse exploded, would not want to belay the person responsible for that mess.
But yeah it is gross, if the turtles head is making a break for it the least they could do was dump way from the route.
OP Ron Walker 06 Mar 2013
In reply to paraffin:
> Grouse?

The spellchick says Gross

Kirriemuir 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: Cairngorms obviously...Coire an`t Sphincta?
 sbc_10 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Kirriemuir:

Could be Lord's Rake-out
 Jonny Tee 69 07 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

Tsk, human beings eh Ron?

Unfortunately we have bodily functions. Sometimes uncontrollable.

Ever crossed your mind that this person may be really ill? Even seriously ill?

Was it really necessary to post a photo of it? Most of us I think would not go posting photos of this on such a public forum. It's certainly the first I've seen.

What would your choice be if you couldn't have held it in? Just mess yourself?

Bad taste posting the photo I think, but just my opinion.
 NorthernGrit 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Jonny Tee 69:

This is an option, yes. At least you would then carry it out with you.

Alternatively in a worst case scenario and there REALLY is no choice - at least move off route and/or make some attempt at cleaning it up afterwards.
 neuromancer 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

Or shit in a bag?
 Jamie B 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

When you gotta go, you gotta go. Regrettable, but given the difficulties of removing trousers on a belay ledge, organising the optimum trajectory is easier said than done.
 Robert Durran 08 Mar 2013
In reply to NorthernGrit:
> (In reply to Jonny Tee 69)
> .....least move off route.......

I once carefully did this on The Mess of Pottage, then concentrated on my belaying. I later noticed that someone coming up a neighbouring route had left a neat crampon print in it and was now some way above with a shitty crampon. We met him at the top of the route removing his crampons. Moral: don't cover your dump in snow.
Pete.T 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: I dont think anyone starts up a route thinking "I'm gonna shit down it". However sometimes people get caught short and circumstances can occasionally dictate that they have to go where they are. Regrettable and unfortunate but perhaps unavoidable at that time ? Given how popular some areas are it can be difficult sometimes to find somewhere to go if needs must - this perhaps can then lead to people trying to hold on and then finding they cant ? I think most climbers are pretty reasonable and try and take steps to avoid such instances but like they say "shit happens".
 Dauphin 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

4 brown star rating.

D
 scottie390 08 Mar 2013
shit happens
 Jonny Tee 69 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Pete.T:

As in life, man up and climb through the shit 80).
 Jonny Tee 69 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

I remember doing Agags Groove in summer and on approaching a belay started not notice an unpleasant smell. On coming eye level with the belay ledge, I found 2 climbers standing as far away as possible from a molten pool of turd. A careful climb onto the ledge was required. Didn't spoil the route in the slightest, and I didn't feel any need to photograph it - although this post may start a new trend - could we have a turd section in the photo gallery?
 Alan Breck 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: Some education clearly required for those gross enough to sully the Cairngorms with their garbage [polite term]
http://www.cairngormmountain.org/sites/default/files/Snow%20White%20Project...
 pebbles 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Toreador:
>
> I have seen shite like that before, and it's usually the work of a well known hut custodian

I'v heard this said before too
 Brian 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Pete.T: Pete, was it you who shat on the route ?
 Blizzard 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

That is outrageous. Why dont people forced themselves to go first thing in the morning, that way, shit doesnt happen.
 xplorer 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

That's what they call a spite shit!

Seriously no one has done this for the sake of it, as many people have said, people get caught short. Making a massive tissue of it, will only inspire dormant poo pushers to resurface all over our favourite routes
 Robert Durran 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Blizzard:
>
> That is outrageous. Why dont people forced themselves to go first thing in the morning, that way, shit doesnt happen.

Don't be silly. How do you force youself to go if you can't?

ablackett 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: Was it "number 2" gully?
Pete.T 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: No Bri, not me, I would have followed the example of one or two of our compadres and just shat myself .
 Bossys gran 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: more importantly, where's the bog roll... Mr Skiddy pants!!!! Haha
 Bossys gran 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: also hope that rope got washed...
 Colin Wells 09 Mar 2013
In reply to ablackett:
> (In reply to Ron Walker) Was it "number 2" gully?

Or perhaps Arse-Trail Highway...
 Raskye 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Bossys gran:
> (In reply to Ron Walker) more importantly, where's the bog roll... Mr Skiddy pants!!!! Haha

I was thinking along those lines as well.... Bolts at Newtonmore, bog roll at stances.... All convenience climbing for his clients
 Robert Durran 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Bossys gran:
> (In reply to Ron Walker) more importantly, where's the bog roll... Mr Skiddy pants!!!! Haha

Bog roll is somehow much worse than shit. Personally, I never carry any in the hills.

In reply to Blizzard:
>
> That is outrageous. Why dont people forced themselves to go first thing in the morning, that way, shit doesnt happen.

I had a tactical before setting off for Sneachda. got to the top of The Seam touching cloth. walked down, painfully close to the limit and just about got back to the ski centre before destroying the toilets. most uncomfortable few hours for a while. I suspect the culprit in this case lost the battle with his sphincter before even the top of the route. I highly doubt they did it to be malicious.
OP Ron Walker 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

A simple tongue in cheek question about 'why' and how offensive this is to many, as well as the warning about a particular route.
And yes, we have been forced to wash the ropes gear and gloves for obvious personal health reasons. And yes, there is the Cairngorm 'Snow White' project which tries to minimise contamination and preserve the environment for all users.
Now apart from the light hearted humour and exchange of banter, a surprising number of the posts, from folk I don't even know, are actually quite personal and very vindictive.
This maybe says a lot about the posters, but again I really wonder why....?
 Robert Durran 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:
> A surprising number of the posts, from folk I don't even know, are actually quite personal and very vindictive.

A couple of people suggested you shouldn't have posted the photo - hardly personaly vindictive!

> This maybe says a lot about the posters, but again I really wonder why....?

Many people have explained why.

OP Ron Walker 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Robert Durran:

Plenty of folk over the years have posted similar photos but the bees obviously now in your tammy for whatever reasons!
 Alex Slipchuk 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker: I like a bit of toilet humour, but this aint funny, and knowing the area I would say avoidable,

Cog 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Ron Walker:

"Look, that eejit that wants to bolt Creag Dubh is starting up our route, think I'll leave him a jobbie".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...