UKC

Glen Coe conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robertgiddy 06 Mar 2013
Just wondering if anyone knew what Crowberry Gully, SC Gully or Twisting Gully are like at the moment and what can be expected for the weekend.
 KA 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Robertgiddy: Hi, I was up on SCNL today, and whilst visibility was very limited (couldn't see a thing), the snow on Dorsal Arete was fantastic, as it will be on the other snow based climbs (SC, Twisting, NC, Raeburns etc.)

http://www.applemountaineering.co.uk/2013/03/06/solitude-on-dorsal-arete-sc...
 tom.m 06 Mar 2013
In reply to Robertgiddy: I was on SC gully on sunday and it was pretty soggy, the screw placements were not worth bothering with. That said given a good freeze it would be in really good nick. It's well stepped out so probably easy grade 3. Have fun
 Euge 07 Mar 2013
In reply to Robertgiddy: SC Gully was melting on Sat so we did Twisting which was good. Couldn't use the ice on the crux as it was soggy so very mixed.

E
 Jamie B 08 Mar 2013
In reply to KA:

> the snow on Dorsal Arete was fantastic, as it will be on the other snow based climbs (SC, Twisting, NC, Raeburns etc.)

Hmmm, maybe delete Raeburns from that list until we get some fresh snow, unless you're doing the NC Gully start. The intro chimney was barely in condition on 19th Feb and there's been no snow since!
 pete.hutchings 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Robertgiddy: Climbed SC Gully on Monday and it was in good nick after the cold snap on Sunday night.
 KA 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Jamie B: Couldn't see it, so it was a bit of an assumption based upon the amount of snow/ice on Dorsal Arete and the few ledges on Summit Buttress that I could see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...