UKC

Does anyone use GiffGaff, anything I should know?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 09 Mar 2013
Hello,
does anybody use GiffGaff for their mobile phone needs? Do you have any comments about them.
Are they easy to use? They seem cheap, I know they are basically O2 without a lot of the shop customers service bit. Do O2 pay there taxes? (I'm leaving vodafone for that reason). How do you have yours set up. Any problems?

Anything the hive mind have to say will be appreciated, unless it's an insult to me in which case I shall just try not to get upset
 Jackwd 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog: Really good! Nice and cheap and easy to manage.
 anomm 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog: I used to use them and didn't encounter any problems (only left because O2 signal in my area was piss poor)

OP Puppythedog 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Jackwd: thank you, do you buy a goodybag every month? if so can you set it happen automatically or do you have spend all of those seconds it takes to buy one each month just to get the big savings?
 timjones 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Great service, you can set goody bags to automatically recur.
 pog100 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
Good set up all round, nicely transparent in all their dealings. The only downside I have found is that they don't do any cheap roaming packages for data fixed at at 0.69 per Mb, and you can't tether on any of the unlimited data packages. Can on the £10 one though. You pay for voicemail but comes out of the package minutes.
 Wee Davie 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

I use it. I bought a 3gs iphone from apple and use their £10 a month goodybag. The 3g isn't very quick but I'm not a big user of it. Overall it's good value for money. The forums are useful. I've managed to find the answer to any queries rapidly.
 StuDoig 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
I've just switched to them and seems good so far....

The goodybags can be set to automatically recurr, essentially putting you onto a contract, but you also have the option of just putting credit on the phone (not a goodybag) and using that (can be set to automatically top up your balance if it falls £3, and limited to doing it X many times per month). I'm currently mixing and matching to see what the best balance for me is.

Downside as someone has said is international roaming is very expensive and goodybags are only valid in the UK so any calls / data outside of the UK are paid for in addition to the goodybag.

Good thing is being PAYG there's no commitment so if its not working out for you, walk away with no contract issues.

You can't top up by card with your phone though - has to be either online or via a voucher.

Cheers,

Stuart
Sarah G 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
They should being back the exploding jelly.

Sx
In reply to Sarah G: I quite like the corn popping.

Thanks everyone so far.
 Philip 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
> Hello,
> does anybody use GiffGaff for their mobile phone needs? Do you have any comments about them.
> Are they easy to use? They seem cheap, I know they are basically O2 without a lot of the shop customers service bit. Do O2 pay there taxes? (I'm leaving vodafone for that reason). How do you have yours set up. Any problems?
>
> Anything the hive mind have to say will be appreciated, unless it's an insult to me in which case I shall just try not to get upset

I used them when they started while I was between contracts, my wife uses them now.

As far as taxes go, Vodafone is a UK company, O2 is Spanish. Which contributes more to the UK economy and supports more UK jobs is probably more complicated than tax bill.
 sarahjk 09 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Used them for several years and on several phones. Currently auto renewing on top up, but if on holiday I let it lapse and start up again when home, no problems. Happy customer.
In reply to Philip: I'm more interested in choices about tax than how much money is contributed or not. Thank you for your comment.
 Paul Evans 10 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
I use them, have a recurring goodybag. The good thing for me is that when I get incoming calls, it INCREASES my call minutes. On a good month, I end up with more credit than I started with!

Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...