UKC

Rock shoe re-sole (South west)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveoS 09 Mar 2013
I'm looking at repairing a pair of 5.10's and was wondering on what the recommended repairer is.

I've heard good things about Cheshire and another in Llanberis but would be happy to try another.

Good/Bad experiences?
 Puppythedog 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: Great experience of using Torquil from Llanberis Resoles. As have several of my friends. None of them have had a bad experience. I will use him whenever anyting needs resoling.
OP SteveoS 09 Mar 2013
Is it worth mentioning it's the toe that's gone through.
 mhawk 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: I hear Cheshire shoe repairs is good too? Anyone with experiences of either or others would be great as I too am looking to get some resoles.
 torquil 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury:

obviously i'm going to be a bit biased but I do know that word of mouth advertising is working a bit too well at the moment and I just got incredibly busy this last two weeks (i blame the recent good weather) hence turnaround times are up to about 2 weeks.

If you not in too much of a rush I'm happy to help.
 Puppythedog 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: The toe was going through on my Bandits that Torquill ^^^^ did. A good job, can't recomend him enough. In future I will try to send them off before they need the rand doing though to keep the costs lower.
 BigHairyIan 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: Cheshire is brilliant. Don't know about any others!
 GridNorth 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: Over the years I've used FeetFirst and Chesire but Llanberis Resoles is the best workmanship I've seen. Just had a pair of Evolve Bandits resoled and rand patches applied, you can hardly see the seams.
OP SteveoS 09 Mar 2013
In reply to torquil:

Quick question while you're here, my toe is poking out a little and the toe box rubber is flapping a little. (5.10 VCR's)
A few of my friends said they can't be resoled if gone down to fabric like this. Is this true?
 Puppythedog 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Steven Salisbury: Look on the Llanberis site. He says it's tough when they get like that. You could send them to him and as him for his opinion. I get the feeling that he would tell you if there was no point,
 mhawk 09 Mar 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Thanks, think I'll give Llanberis resoles a go.
 scotclimb 14 Mar 2013
can you resole Andrea Boldrini`s Apache 5.??
 torquil 14 Mar 2013
In reply to SteveoS:
> (In reply to torquil)
>
> Quick question while you're here, my toe is poking out a little and the toe box rubber is flapping a little. (5.10 VCR's)
> A few of my friends said they can't be resoled if gone down to fabric like this. Is this true?

Going from description only (send me a photo is the best thing) i'd say they be do-able but not really worth it, Anasazis get so soft and mishappen that they are hard to do at the best of times and if they are really worn through its likely the shape/fit is going to change more than you'd like.

Other shoes (most decent scarpas for example) are a different story and they can be done well with considerable wear as the shoe tend to hold their shape well. Just wearing down to the fabric doesn't mean a shoe can't be done,
 torquil 14 Mar 2013
In reply to scotclimb:
> can you resole Andrea Boldrini`s Apache 5.??

I wouldn't be able to put the toe piece/rand back like the original as that takes a big bespoke machine but I could do something with them. It depends a bit on how they are worn. I do the Boreal Spider with IRS Integrated rand but just put the sole back like on a regular shoe. - I imagine with the Apache 5 it would be similar but I've not seen a pair close up yet.

FWIW I just did a pair of Apache Lights and thought they looked like a really well made shoe.

Mr Moac 14 Mar 2013
In reply to SteveoS:

Last year I sent one pair of Sportiva V.S to Cheshire Shoe and a pair Catanas Laces of to Feet First. Both down toe shoes came back like bent up wellies, hardly good enough to trash st the wall.For the £45 or so I'd rather put the money towards new shoes.They never come back the same.
 Dan Lane 14 Mar 2013
In reply to SteveoS:

I recent'y sent a rather worn pair of anasazi greens to Llanberis roesoles and they've come back almost like new, despite what Torquil has just said a few posts above, they've kept their shape superbly! fully recommended!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...