UKC

best broadband/phone company

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tim000 10 Mar 2013
im with talk talk at the moment and they are s&8t. so im going to change. any recomendations? dont download much but do stream films a bit.looking for free evening and weekend calls.
 Neil Williams 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000:

I use BT. Never given me a problem, despite what people say.

Neil
 Ropeboy 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000:

I use BT (work pay for it) and have never had any problems.

I hear Plusnet are doing some pretty good deals.

J
 Dax H 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000: I have tried BT many times over the years and its okay until you have a problem.
To list a few.
They removed my call forwarding and then told me that I never had it despite me having 15 years worth of bills for it and using it every night and weekend.
They transferred my service from my old office to my new one then started billing me for both, the disbute was on going for 9 months and they cut my service off multiple times for not paying for the old office.
When I moved offices they gave me a date when both phone and broadband would be transferred.
They were cut off in the old place on said date and the phone moved okay but the broadband took 2 weeks.
that is just a few problems that I have had with BT

On the flip side I have had BT at home for years and it has been faultless but I have never had need to ring their call center in India.
OP tim000 10 Mar 2013
In reply to Dax H: it`s for home use. so BT seems to be the one.
 andy 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000:
> im with talk talk at the moment and they are s&8t. so im going to change. any recomendations? dont download much but do stream films a bit.looking for free evening and weekend calls.

BT Infinity - very fast, very reliable. Only downside is the Homehub has a few funny things about it like it won't let you use a normal extender and it plays silly buggers with non-BT email addresses. I've swapped it for a TP link one, but other than that it's all good.
 Puppythedog 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000: We use ThePhoneCoop, we really like their customer service and attitude. We pay about £23 for 40gb internet, unlimited evening and weekend. They use BT lines but you don't have to have a contract or anything with BT, it is all with the coop and they contract the install out to BT. They seemed to be trying to save us money since we took on the line. We rate them highly.
In reply to tim000:
Broadband only I'm with O2, which I have found good, as fast as my line can support and unlimited, but they do landlines as well. They are usually rated highly in surveys for customer service, but remember they are negotiating transfer of all the landline phone and broadband business to Sky who have bought it. Still good deals to be had if you don't mind the uncertainty of what will happen at the end of a 12 mth contract. I was going to go to either BT or more likely Plusnet due to the sale as I do not want to be with Sky, but have just renewed a 12mth contract with O2 as it got even cheaper with a too good to pass deal of £0 per mth for 12 mths.
Other companies usually high satisfaction in surveys - Plusnet (owned by BT), Zen Internet, Eclispe, BE.
 Steve John B 10 Mar 2013
In reply to Climbing Pieman: I had 02 broadband recently, was fine and the cheapest broadband only at the time. Got cashback on it via some link on the Money Saving Expert website.

Landline was through the Post Office - again no problems there.
 ranger*goy 10 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000:

We've been with plusnet for years and had no problems so far. Moved house with no probs. Had a couple of issues with slow download speed or internet down and they sorted it very quickly. They even phoned us back as promised.
 steve taylor 11 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000:

Left Talk Talk to switch to Sky - not had any issues with them and have been using the for 2.5 years. The unlimited BB comes free as I've got Sky TV and landline.
In reply to tim000:
Another vote for the Phone Coop.
 Si dH 11 Mar 2013
In reply to tim000: if you find a deal you like with plusnet id recommend them - been with them for 7 years in 2 houses, reliable and customer service/support is excellent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...