UKC

Bournemouth Indoor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kieran_John 11 Mar 2013
I'm off to visit a friend this weekend (was due to go in January but the snow prevented the visit) and previously I asked if anyone had any recommendations for bouldering outside. Agglestone came up and I'm fully intending to take a trip there.

However given the weather (it's currently snowing pretty heavy here and my friend says they have a light dusting in Bournemouth) there's a possibility I may not be able to get out.

Are there ANY good walls for bouldering in the local area? I've been to "The Edge" before at QE Leisure Centre and whilst it passed a couple of hours it's not somewhere I'm in a rush to re-visit. The local uni appears to have permanently shut up shop with regards to climbing.

Anything at all within an hours drive? I won't have another climber with me so leading/top roping is out.
 thermal_t 11 Mar 2013
In reply to Kieran_John: If you are travelling at the right time of day then you would probably get to Calshot in around an hour. The bouldering isn't incredible, but would be enough to keep you amused for a couple of hours. Its featured as well as having bolt-ons, so you can make your own problems up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...