UKC

Cogne next week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 11 Mar 2013
Hi, just wondered, in general what sort of nick Cogne was in? Heading out to chamonix next week and fancy a couple days there
Cheers
Rick

P.S. I've looked on the hotel la barme site, and the latest post is a week old
 Graeme Barr 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Rick Asher: Climbed Cold Couloir on Sunday which is still fat and with good ice. Lillaz Gully, Stella Artice and E Tutto Relativo looked good too though top pitch of Cascade de Lillaz is gone. Routes on other side like Tuborg and Coyote still fat but catching a lot of sun so would stay away from them. Heard routes such as Antares in Valsaveranche are still good but didn't venture up into Valnontey. Forecast to get colder later in the week too so should be good! Was also really quiet in the valley for a sunday as we only saw 2 other teams out.
OP Rick Asher 12 Mar 2013
In reply to machars: thanks for the info
OP Rick Asher 12 Mar 2013
In reply to machars: when you climbed cold couloir did you walk off or rap the route? if you rapped, was it equiped?
 TonyM 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Rick Asher:
Everyone raps Cold Couloir at the end of the difficulties.
I've finished it and walked off - that took far longer than the actual ice climbing. An epic and amusing day/night - in retrospect - crawling through deep snow, but not an experience I'd seek to repeat.
 Graeme Barr 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Rick Asher: yes we rapped off. All equipped with bolts and maillons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...