Glen Clova was very good on Sunday with solid neve, some ice and buttreses were kept white by the snow showers. However, it is snowing a lot at the moment and so I would watch the SAIS avalanche forecast as powder on the neve might result in dangerous conditions. So probably not so good anymore as gullies might be too dangerous.
Indeed. On Sunday as we drove out of the glen Simon was noting how loaded the W aspects of Ben Tirran and the hills around it were. But if it snows enough and the wind swirls, all aspects might get a bit problematic.
I'm still getting out on Saturday if I possibly can
If Look C is not in condition then there are lot of atmospheric but safe options on the face to the right from grade III to grade V. Additionally some routes on the North wall in Corrie Fee might be in nick. Glen Clova is more than just Look C!
In reply to r.king: Cheers folks, as said, hoping to go to Winter corrie as opposed to Coire Fee. Taking a novice so hoping to do diagonal gully as not done it before. Sounds like it might be ok so will go and see !
nickyrannoch on 27 Mar 2013 - sgcluster1-janet2.dundeecity.gov.uk
Hope you had agood day.
What were the conditions like once you got in? Can't decide if would be better to ski tour or climb. I'm guessing western slopes and some gullies likely to be pretty loaded with powdery stuff, eastern slopes and ridges pretty scoured. Any on the ground info appreciated.
Pete.T on 29 Mar 2013 - 85-211-223-55.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com
In reply to r.king: Hi Julie, replied to your email. Cheers.