UKC

Listening To Music When Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I don't have the mental capacity to concentrate on bouldering if I had headphones on but I spot a lot of people listening to music when they boulder. What do you listen to?
 alooker 12 Mar 2013
In reply to 6ASTU: listen while I'm on the hangboard or doing any conditioning, I did try it when bouldering indoors but didnt like it and felt disconnected and got bored quite quickly.

Seen a few people wearing full size headphones, bit daft if you ask me!
 ti_pin_man 12 Mar 2013
I dont always listen to music, sometimes as the other poster said, sometimes its distracting, BUT I have, in some sessions, plugged in my fav metal music playlist.
 TimhNorthBASE 12 Mar 2013
In reply to 6ASTU: anything by pretty lights best music to boulder to.
New POD 12 Mar 2013
Saw a lady with 2 in the ear blue tooth head phones bouldering with her Iphone in a locked locker, safe from damage. was a fairly cool use of the technology.
 Beardyman 12 Mar 2013
In reply to 6ASTU: Tried it once and also found it distracting, luckily my wall tends to play pretty decent music so there is no need.

There is a bloke who always has his headphones on and consequently never speaks to anyone even tho he is there 2 or 3 times a week, maybe this is the point but it seems a bit odd to me as I enjoy the social banter at the wall, by wearing headphones you are defiantly sending out "don't talk to me" signals.

Also tried headphones while bouldering outside but found that even more distracting.

Love Pretty Lights and Opiuo to boulder to.
In reply to 6ASTU:

It's only by talking to others that i'm learning new tricks. I could try blue tooth while I climb, just need to find someone who would want to hear me swear and grunt a lot on the phone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...