UKC

Best V4 and V5 Bouldering - Roaches Area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichyBOYY 14 Mar 2013
Just wondered what peoples views were on the best V4s and V5s in the area?

Have cracked v3 and nearly V4 properly so just want some little projects... thanks
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 14 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: Stretch and mantel is pretty good. If you're feeling strong, Too Drunk is brilliant as are Trust and Thrust at the 4th cloud
 redcal 14 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: Second the Stretch and Mantle suggestion...really satisfying problem! Nadins Traverse on the upper tier if you want something a bit trickier but easy to work V5/6. Head over to New Stones and give the Ripple a blast if you haven't already.
 Jon Stewart 14 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY

easy question: the cube is v4/5 and is probably the best problem I've ever done. Way better than any of that crap near Paris
 Jon Stewart 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: stretch and mantel and stretch left are both superb too. Over at newstones, ripple v3 and itchy groove hard v4, plus Hazel groove are all excellent. The direct up ossies bulge is cool, as is the pinches hard v3 at ramshaw.
In reply to RichyBOYY:

The Fin, Gibb tor, is quite a pleasant little jaunt, as is the Staffordshire flyer but I presume you have ticked this, hasn't everyone.
 Jon Stewart 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:
> (In reply to RichyBOYY)
>
> The Fin, Gibb tor, is quite a pleasant little jaunt, as is the Staffordshire flyer but I presume you have ticked this, hasn't everyone.

When I was bouldering well for me (V6 without too much hassle) I never got up any decent problems at Gibb. Couldn't do the Fin, couldn't do Stall. In general I find Staffs grit bouldering quite sandbaggy.
 robert mirfin 15 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: finger of fate is a nice one think its v4 also check out the double arĂȘte version of starlight and storm if you like fridge hugging that is.
 cha1n 15 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY:

Broken Wing on the top tier felt about 6C+.
OP RichyBOYY 16 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY:
Cheers guys... will be having a look
 peaches69 16 Mar 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: staffordshire flyer ( doxeys pool) is a quality V4.....although you may find the landing very soggy, might want to take a tarpaulin with you!! again stretch & mantel (don't forget the pop inbetween) is quality. Tech crack direct also good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...