UKC

Montane Fury vs Rad Shadow Hoody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Campbell 14 Mar 2013
Has anyone any experince with the Montane Fury or the Rab Shadow Hoody? Need a good midlayer for summer alps/scottish winter to go under a Montane Superfly and over a thin merino or synthetic. Have tried both on and although the fury fits better will the wind/water resistance of the Shadow be more useful? Any help appriciated!
 TobyA 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Ian Campbell: My review of the Shadow http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2685 I've had continuing problems with the stitching on various seams and have come to the conclusion that the tolerances are just too small for stretch fabrics, but beyond having to sew up holes the actual material is exceptionally good and the shadow is almost like a softshell when used alone, but still much better than softshell when you wear it as mid-layer. I sort of have a love/hate relationship with mine!
 iksander 16 Mar 2013
In reply to Ian Campbell: Windpro isn't that wind resistant. Go for the one that fits better as it is the close-fitting "wetsuit" effect that keeps you warm. Depending how active/hot you run you might consider something less warm if you're planning on wearing it under a shell most of them time. Maybe a Rab baseline, pata Cap 4 hoody or berghaus Smoulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...