UKC

Best clubnights ever - men £20 and ladies free

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OneLifeOneHeart 15 Mar 2013
Doesn't that sound like gender discrimination?

Or a mild form of prostitution?

Or, if we want to be more specific, an extreme form of "sex sells"?

When I was at university, I used to be the events liaison for the UK-equivalent of a students union. As a side-benefit I was also given free access to as many club nights as I wanted - which I obviously used to entertain my friends and relatives.

I myself, however, don't like clubs or rather - the whole cultural connotations around nightclubs.

i.e. I enjoy dancing, I enjoy music, and I enjoy taking out my friends to share that enjoyment. I even am entertained by the idea of social gathering and exchange, meeting new people.

But I have started to find it revolting that some individuals have built a whole business model around the implication that men should pay to see (or meet) women.

The same way I find revolting anything that leverages on the overemphatic sexualization of spare time.

Shame upon them.

Boycott nightclubs.
Boycott clubnights.

Long live love.
 Oceanrower 15 Mar 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: And this is from the bloke that intentionally bumps into scantily clad girls!
 Blue Straggler 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:
> (In reply to OneLifeOneHeart) And this is from the bloke that intentionally bumps into scantily clad girls!

That's different because he doesn't have to pay for it!
 andrewmc 15 Mar 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:

And quite possibly illegal, given the EU's stance on discriminatory insurance pricing?
 Kimono 15 Mar 2013
Only one response to this....especially after a couple of ales

get a f@cking life
 Kimono 15 Mar 2013
In reply to andrewmcleod:
> (In reply to OneLifeOneHeart)
>
> And quite possibly illegal, given the EU's stance on discriminatory insurance pricing?

you too

> i.e. I enjoy dancing, I enjoy music, and I enjoy taking out my friends to share that enjoyment. I even am entertained by the idea of social gathering and exchange, meeting new people.
>
> But I have started to find it revolting that some individuals have built a whole business model around the implication that men should pay to see (or meet) women.

You're going to the wrong clubs. Admittedly, if you live in provincial Britain there aren't too many of the right clubs
 MJ 16 Mar 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

And this is from the bloke that intentionally bumps into scantily clad girls!

Otherwise known as 'Elbow Titting'.
 Muel 16 Mar 2013

I've heard of this sort of thing, so I just go to different clubs.

Sounds like Tuesday nights in Dubai in the 90's -- aka 'Ladies Night'

Ladies were given vouchers for 2 free drinks at each establishment they went in to. Most were well bladdered at the end of a nights pub crawl in Bur Dubai, because generally after they'd consumed their freebies some bloke would generally offer to buy them another. Each measure of spirits was actually 'a double' so many blokes thought they were on to a good thing when the Trolly Dollies, Jumeirah Janes and Sharjah Slappers appeared -- however most of the Tuesday females could drink the blokes under the table!

We had some laughs.

It was actually a relatively cheap night for me and Lady Starkness - as I'd only be buying booze for one!
 iksander 16 Mar 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Alcohol industry is the issue here not sexism
 Milesy 16 Mar 2013
Many will always bias towards guys. You have two ways of equalling things out. Either by knocking back guys on the door (common), and giving females price incentives (also common). So unless you want to be in a sausage fest stop moaning
 Jon Stewart 16 Mar 2013

The club industry has basically 2 ways of making money:

- booze and pulling
- drugs and music

You pays your your money...
 Gudrun 16 Mar 2013

I never thought about it like that before t be honest.We used to go to the Savoy in Glasgow on a Sunday night because we got in for freee while the guys had to stump up.In fact i have been let in at the door in a few instances for free while our male pals had to fork out,but that all depends if the person taking the money is a guy and whether they fancy you or not.

Conclusion:It is a meat market but you don't have to play the game,you can go for the buzz,music,dancing,getting MWI,flirting,dressing up and just having a laugh with your pals.
In reply to kieran b:
> (In reply to OneLifeOneHeart)
> Only one response to this....especially after a couple of ales
>
> get a f@cking life

Seconded strongly.

In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:Of course what should happen is we should have government mandated person of the opposite/same/other gender meeting places.

These should take place in wholly neutral surroundings, brightly lit, and with non alcoholic refreshments, and vegan, whole food, fair-trade gluten free snacks available. Men should be charged extra to attend due to them being a threat, and due to the vicious underpayment of women/people of non-totally male gender.

You would be allocated a ticket at the door, and the government overseers will allocate you another person with whom to discuss “feminist principles within Marxist dialectics”, or some such worthy topic.

If one of the people in the pairing is non-male, gay, other indeterminate gender, then they are right, and the male should shut up and listen to them. If the less male of the pair decides that the male is appropriate to them, another meeting may be arranged, but only when the less male person has drawn up a contract of what intimate association is to be available.

The male should then thank the other, and withdraw until he is informed he is allowed to contact his pairing again.
 Dauphin 16 Mar 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

You are Malcolm Wright-Pratt & I claim my recycled 5 ethically mine sourced bartering beads.

D
In reply to Dauphin:

Cressida, is that you?
 Gudrun 17 Mar 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Sounds Brilliant !

Where is it and does it have an Acid tek or drum and bass night ??

And does one of the bouncers help you relive the euphoria of the London 2012 Olympics by helping you get off your tits with a comemmorative Team GB ecky, limited special edition?

A wee Glasgow tribute to the Lundon summer of sport.

I heard they are pretty good.
 Chris the Tall 17 Mar 2013

> Boycott nightclubs.

Been doing that since I was in my early thirties

> Boycott clubnights.

Which is so long ago I don't even know what a clubnight is

> Long live love.

Go forth and multiply

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...