UKC

Advice - Decent four season synthetic sleeping bag....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Capt. Spacey 17 Mar 2013
Hi i am looking for decent four season synthetic sleeping bag.... Always used down but just fancy yhe flexability ....cheers.
ice.solo 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey:

keep upping the adaptability and try a +5c rated synthetic with +5c rather down bag - covers all your bases and warmer in winter than a single either down or synth (deals with moisture better, traps more dead air).

a few nights a go i used just this to about -10c and spilled about 500ml of water onto it - would have been nasty if just a down, but the synth handled it nicely, and much warmer than just a synth alone.
 Iain Thow 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey: Mountain Equipment Starlight IVs are pretty good, rated down to -14C (comfort). Pack size 40 x 28cm. Had an ME synthetic for years & it stood up to heavy use brilliantly (once worked out that I'd spent a year and a half of my life physically inside it!)
Capt. Spacey 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey: Cheers....
 ciaran1999 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Iain Thow:

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/library/en/application/technical_starli...

Starlight has a comfort rating of -5 degrees, -12 from the looks of it for lower comfort limit..
 Jon Wickham 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Capt. Spacey: Have a look at the Mountain Hardwear ULTRA Lamina range and the Mammut/Ajungulak Alpine UL Range.
In reply to Capt. Spacey:

I've heard good things about the MH Lamina -15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...